BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    The Dark Mechanic

Loving all the alternate parts for the Sphinx, like the Skull head option:

See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Definitely getting one of these as a second thousand sons dreadknight for my counts as grey knights army.

Overall, I give the following scores for the models:

• Sphinx: 9/10 another great multipart plastic kit, only the howdah feels a little weak
    • Knights/stalkers: 7/10 not so keen on these, but points for flexibility in terms of what the kit can make. Too expensive IMHO.
    • Tomb guard: 8/10 Love the more detailed shields, but the heads are only OK, not fantastic.

The main thing that's missing for me are replacements for those old skeletal steeds.

Chapter-Master

Probably the best miniatures from GW iv seen in about seven years. Seriously. I love them that much, the Sepulchral Stalkers are my favourite - it's nice to see some actual imagination put into their designs and models too - which seems a rarity these days IMO.

I'd love to buy a few sets of the snakes and 1 of the sphinx's but sadly they are far too expensive for me (even with the discounts on other sites) so ill have to go without myself.

EIther way, props to GW - beautiful and imaginative models!
    Last edited by Asymmetrical Xeno; 04-06-2011 at 12:51 PM.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Holy crap! I very much like these models. I could do without the things riding in baskets on weird beasts trend in WFB, but otherwise these models look awesome. These are very exciting. If there's one thing Games Workshop does well, it's producing cool new model kits.

I love the details, the overall aesthetic is appealing to me, I think the interchangeability is great. I can't wait to see these guys on the sprue. I have yet to dip into WFB, but I was considering either Lizardmen or Tomb Kings. If I do go into WFB, I think it's going to be Tomb Kings. I prefer skeletons in true scale, but these are still nice. I like that the equipment has enough detail that you can easily pick it out with some vivid colors to make an army of otherwise skeletal guys visually interesting. I'd like to see some of these models with a more aged, weathered look to them. Hello verdigris.

"With unstoppable force, the Warsphinx can crash down upon enemy units, pulping bones and splintering organs."

Splintering organs? Not only is that an odd phrase in and of itself, but it is even more strikingly weird next to a phrase about breaking bones. I would at least think that it would be "splintering bones and pulping organs." Maybe it could be "splattering organs?" I guess the Warsphinx is so friggin powerful and unstoppable that its strikes even defy physics, shattering otherwise squishy, fluid-filled organs as if they were frozen by liquid nitrogen, sending shards of intestine like grisly shrapnel into the eyes of those lucky enough to be spared the initial onslaught.

Librarian

man o man, i can't wait to see what my dwarfs are going to get when GW gets around to them.
    Bear calvery plz?

Scibor's Bear calvery had me just sighing at my book because there was no option for em...

Quote Originally Posted by isotope99 View Post
    Definitely getting one of these as a second thousand sons dreadknight for my counts as grey knights army.
    I want someone to do a COBRA army counts as Space Wolves.

Perfect Thunderwolf counts-as right there.
    Last edited by RealGenius; 04-06-2011 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    The new models look amazing, but no Plastic ushabti. Would be a shame if they stay metal.
    There are MANY more waves for the Tomb Kings coming, trust me. They will be rapid waves too; just like the Dark Eldar.

Battle-Brother

not of a fan of the new models, but thanks for posting them

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by fracas View Post
    not of a fan of the new models, but thanks for posting them
    You also hate Christmas and think that Chess doesn't take skill to play, don't you?

I'M SAYING YOU LACK A SOUL.

I really love the alternate heads for the Sphinx...the Skull made me instantly think of Necron.
    Let the Galaxy burn.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast