BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by davel View Post
    Your fearless avatar bubble will include warlocks with embolden?
    Yes makes sense if you plan on loosing your avatar.

jet bikes in my experience you need five or six. In 5th true line of sight means you t can't hide 3 and they run too easy ( and run fast)

prisms don' need the cannon, true it's bs 4. how ever once you lose the big gun your foe will not want to shoot you. Ram contest tank shock block his advance are all options.

Dave l
    the avatar may go (I would prefer to keep him but if it doesn't work it doesn't work)

the three man jet bike squad I was planning on hiding in reserve and then turbo boosting at the last min to claim an objective. sounds good in theory but doesn't work so well in reality

The cannons are definitely going I've just placed an order on ebay for shurkien catapults (I can't find mine from the kit.) so that I can save 20 pts.

Here is a revised version of my list

HQ:

1 Avatar, 155 pts

Farseer 110 pts)
    Fortune Runes of Warding; Runes of Witnessing; Shuriken Pistol; Witchblade)

Elite:

Fire Dragons (80 pts)

Troops:

Dire Avengers (292 pts)
    Exarch ( Bladestorm 2 Avenger SC)
    1 Wave Serpent Spirit Stones Star Engines; TL Scatter Lasers)

Dire Avengers ( 292 pts)
    Exarch Bladestorm ; 2 Avenger SC)
    1 Wave Serpent (Spirit Stones; Star Engines; TL Scatter Lasers)

5 Rangers ( 95 pts)

Rangers ( 95 pts)

10 Guardians (138 pts)
    1 Warlock (Conceal; Singing Spear)
    1 Weapon Platform (Scatter Laser)

10 Guardians (138 pts)
    1 Warlock ( Conceal, Singing Spear)
    1 Weapon Platform (Scatter Laser)

Fast Attack:

5 Warp Spiders (110 pts)

Heavy Support:

Fire Prism (1#, 160 pts)
    (Holo-Field; Spirit Stones; Prism Cannon)

Fire Prism ( 160 pts)

(Holo-Field; Spirit Stones; Prism Cannon)

Falcon ( 175 pts)

( Holo-Field; Spirit Stones; Shuriken Cannon; Shuriken Cannon; Pulse Laser)

Brother-Sergeant

Keep those warp spiders! My army is based around 20 of them. If you go with a falcon, remember it is essentially an anti-troop tank. The 1 hit (normally) you get from a pulse laser does not do much to vehicles. Give it a starcanon or scatterlaser plus a chin-mounted shuriken cannon with a holo field and watch your opponents curse your survivability. On occasion I put a cheap farseer with guide and a rune of warding inside. That really annoys people.
    Yeah, guardians are just not worth what you pay. You might as well buy more avengers in a serpent. 3-man bike squads are too fragile, and again, can shoot but 12". I am always leery of these lists with 6-man units. It is too easy to blow them away with T3, Sv4+. Buy 10 when you can. But, as was stated, if there is any chance of their having a psyker, take a farseer with warding to ruin his day. Also, I didn't see any Conceal on the troops. Having that save is really handy.
    40K pronunciation guide: Abaddon = [uh - BAD - done], Belial = [bee - LEEL] (I promise), and Chimera = [KY - murr - uh].

I played against a similar list, but he had a Night Spinner and Falcon... imo being on the other end of those Night Spinners SUCKS! I lost an entire squad of Lemun Russ Demolishers because of it.... that sucked ....

So yeah I would suggest the Night Spinner to really F-up any Mech heavy armies.

I have decided to make two lists one pure mech one pure foot here is my mech list

HQ

Autarch Jetbike, mandiblaster, laser lance, Reaper launcher 155

Elites

Fire Dragons 80
    wave serpent S.stones S.Laser 125

fire dragons 80
    wave serpent S.stones S.laser 125

Troops

10 Jetbikes 2 s.cannons 240 pts

DA 60 pts

wave serpent s.stones s.laser 125

DA 60 pts

wave serpent s.stones s. laser 125

DA 60 pts

wave serpents s.stones s. laser 125

Vypers 2. s.stones 2 starcannons

Fire Prism s.stones holofield 160 pts

fire prism s.stones Holofield 160 pts

Nightspinner s.stones Holofield 160 pts.

Whoah, thread necromancy...
    See my blog @ http://perilsoftheblog.blogspot.com/

Veteran-Sergeant

I personally love playing my night spinner too. but i liked the first alot too. the last one with the spinner looks too much like all the other lists out there eldar.
    warp spiders are the ****, but i would say add some harlies, or banshees or scorpions. something with some punch in the assualt.
    i would suggest the harlies, they are expensive but paired with doom from a farseer they can wipe out alot of stuff in one turn, and are slightly hittier than banshees, and slightly killier than scorpions, and more survivable too with the shadowseer. just take a 10 man unit, with kisses on everyone, and shadowseer with kiss and keep them as a counter strike unit for anyone coming up on your rangers. they ignore cover, have fleet and they have furious charge and hit and run.
    i like storm guardians with a warlock with enhance. give them a melta, and flamer and let them go at units too. put them in a wave seprent with tl brightlances.
    just a thought. oh yeah i love the avatar, no one expects him, and he is great for armor (espacially walkers).

i have tried using my night spinner, i have come to a conclusion.

it's ability is mainly to do with messing with opponents head

I'm going to bulid some gruesome webbed! tokens to remind me 1)something is webbed but also 2)to make the point IF YOU MOVE YOU DIE! yes it's 1 in 6, and actually i don't think it killed any one by them moving, but this is mess with head warfare.

i will need to watch reverse psycology opponents, who may move things because they are webbed

dave l

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12