BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Chapter-Master

They're great for bypassing speedbump units. If your opponent wants to bubblewrap against them, they have to hunker down in a corner and leave no space for the Interceptors to jump behind their lines.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Lerra View Post
    These guys terrify me because of their ability to tear up the backfield. Most armies have some sort of soft unit sitting in the rear (Long Fangs, Artillery, Pathfinders, Dark Reapers, Broadsides, etc.).
    This is a great point. And most of these units are not going to be very good in close combat. Hmm, now what would tear up the back field more....psycannons or incinerators?

Quote Originally Posted by celestialatc View Post
    This is a great point. And most of these units are not going to be very good in close combat. Hmm, now what would tear up the back field more....psycannons or incinerators?
    Depends on whether the backfield is tanks or guys. If it's guys, incinerators. if it's tanks, Psycannons. Psycannons are cheaper and have better range. Incinerators are a little closer to being as good against tanks as psycannons than psycannons are to being as good against guys as Incinerators. It's kind of a toss-up, and, like I said, you should probably be deciding based on which you expect to be hitting in the back-court more: tanks or guys.

Personally, I find back-court tanks to be substantially more common. Also, remember that the squad already packs a fair amount of anti-infantry in the form of Storm Bolters, making the Incinerator a little less critical.

Chapter-Master

Psycannons aren't exactly bad against infantry, and you do have storm bolters. And they're much better against vehicles. And they're cheaper. And you don't have to be right on top of the opponent. I'd stick with psycannons.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Psycannons aren't exactly bad against infantry, and you do have storm bolters. And they're much better against vehicles. And they're cheaper. And you don't have to be right on top of the opponent. I'd stick with psycannons.
    Generally agree.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123