BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Questions: 2011 Team Tournament

1. Is it Demonhunters or Grey Knights codex?

2. Do powers work across armies?
    Shield of Sanguinius effect Thunder wolves?
    Sanguinary Priest feel no pain effect a sisters of battle squad?

3. joining squads?
    Can a Sanguinary Priest deploy in a rhino with a sister of battle squad?

4. Is it 2 full rosters?
    So as a Tyranid example take 3 elites in one roster and 3 elites in the second roster giving the combined army 18 zoanthropes?

Quote Originally Posted by mathhammer View Post
    1. Is it Demonhunters or Grey Knights codex?

2. Do powers work across armies?
    Shield of Sanguinius effect Thunder wolves?
    Sanguinary Priest feel no pain effect a sisters of battle squad?

3. joining squads?
    Can a Sanguinary Priest deploy in a rhino with a sister of battle squad?

4. Is it 2 full rosters?
    So as a Tyranid example take 3 elites in one roster and 3 elites in the second roster giving the combined army 18 zoanthropes?
    1. Grey Knights. Daemonhunters are no more.

2. Any power that affects friendly models in an area work on all friendly models in the area. A power that affects a specific Codex only affects that Codex.

3. Generally no. But since you can have Sisters of Battle in a Blood Angels army, the answer in this specific example is yes.

4. Yes, though 18 Zoanthropes might make it hard to find points for everything else.
    Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Nathanael Greene

The download here [url]http://www.box.net/shared/a1d8o3cxys[/url]
    still list demonhunters btw.

My teamates want to triple check one point. We have Vulcan and his ride is currently in the other half of the list with some BTs. I guess I don't quite understand the limits to who can get in what vehicle.

Given : A rhino with 5 grey knights, blood angles, etc.

Can Vulcan deploy in the rhino with that squad like their IC could?

Is it considered 2 separate 1000pt armies until after deployment?

After deployment can Vulkan embark and join the squad in the rhino?

If Vulkan deploys within 2" of a squad from the other list when is he considered to have joined that squad. ergo when would the two armies stop being separate forces? (Deployment, At start of the players turn)

Sorry for all the pointed questions just trying to fully understand the situation,

Brother-Sergeant

What a tic Jwolf, its two seperate Force Orgs, so if its a Tyranid Player and a Chaos Player, the Tyranids can only use 3 Elite slots = 9 Zoanthropes, yes?

However two allied Nids armies can ally and thus each take three squads of Zopes, equalling 18 Zoanthropes just 9 controlled by each player.

Am I correct?

From what you just said, I can take the 3 elites in my slots AND the 3 elites slots in my partner's FOC chart. Totalling 6 Elites for just my army. That doesent make sense.
    Last edited by Lord Castellan; 04-07-2011 at 10:45 PM.

You read that correctly. All Jwolf said was if you did that, you would need points for everything else.
    Our lascannons shall provide illumination to the Emperors word.

Quote Originally Posted by mathhammer View Post
    The download here [url]http://www.box.net/shared/a1d8o3cxys[/url]
    still list demonhunters btw.

My teamates want to triple check one point. We have Vulcan and his ride is currently in the other half of the list with some BTs. I guess I don't quite understand the limits to who can get in what vehicle.

Given : A rhino with 5 grey knights, blood angles, etc.

Can Vulcan deploy in the rhino with that squad like their IC could?

Is it considered 2 separate 1000pt armies until after deployment?

After deployment can Vulkan embark and join the squad in the rhino?

If Vulkan deploys within 2" of a squad from the other list when is he considered to have joined that squad. ergo when would the two armies stop being separate forces? (Deployment, At start of the players turn)

Sorry for all the pointed questions just trying to fully understand the situation,
    Vulcan cannot join a squad of BTs, as they cannot be part of the same list.

There are 2 seperate 1000pt armies on the field (unless they are the same Codex).

Vulkan can ride in the Rhino, but not joined to a squad of BTs.

If an IC is within 2" of a squad that he cannot join as part of his Codex, he does not join them. While this restricts squads it makes little sense to restrict (I can certainly imagine Vulkan with a squad of Black Templars, it also adds some needed restrictions (Lilrith in a Blood Angels Command Squad, for example).
    Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Nathanael Greene

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Jwolf View Post
    Vulcan cannot join a squad of BTs, as they cannot be part of the same list.

There are 2 seperate 1000pt armies on the field (unless they are the same Codex).

Vulkan can ride in the Rhino, but not joined to a squad of BTs.

If an IC is within 2" of a squad that he cannot join as part of his Codex, he does not join them. While this restricts squads it makes little sense to restrict (I can certainly imagine Vulkan with a squad of Black Templars, it also adds some needed restrictions (Lilrith in a Blood Angels Command Squad, for example).
    Ok good. For a minute there you had me thinking the following list was ok:

HQ
    Space Marine Commander
    Space Marine Chaplain
    Space Marine Librarian

Elites
    6 Squads of Tyranid Zoanthropes

For example, with the SMs filling the Nid's HQ slots and the Nids filling the SM's Elites. Which is how mathhammer phrased it, but which is not the way it works.

Good good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Castellan View Post
    Ok good. For a minute there you had me thinking the following list was ok:
    For example, with the SMs filling the Nid's HQ slots and the Nids filling the SM's Elites. Which is how mathhammer phrased it, but which is not the way it works.
    You misread my post. I gave different examples per question to highlight the point I was trying to get answered. If I asked about 6 dreadnoughts the secondary questions of are they all elite etc. Ask about 18 Zoanthropes and everyone knows it is 6 elite choices.

Btw

Thanks Jwolf, see you again this year.

Battle-Brother

I have an IA8 Elysian army that I was planning on bringing for one of the narrative tracks. Would I be allowed to field an IA8 list for the team event?

Cheers,

Honda -

Sorry, Codex lists only for teams. Other than the buggies you can make a playable (and cool) list within the Codex from an IA8 list, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast