BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default thrift store-Junk treasures!!

ok when it came to starting terrain building for my table at home the first place i wandered into was a thrift store and found some awesome treasures. what i want to know is what treasures have others found in the world of junk and what did you do with them?

Example: I went to a local garage sale and found an old water sprinkler set and made a really cool set of refinery terrain peices. and for only $.50. awesome no?

some other awesome things involved using old computer parts to add onto buildings for a great sci-fi look. and an old tapedeck to create some futurelistic junk piles.

I look forward to others junky storys!

Scout

I just go around and find foam in places
    I went to a construction site and found a dumpster with that pink hard foam, it was perfectly fine and it made a nice building.
    also we got laptomps in one of my classes and they came in foam (the white one) so I got that too.

I came across A LOT of hard and soft foam at work that I rescued from the bin. Likewise, computer components, parts etc are always in abundant supply. Free, free, free! The local free listings in Craigslist are amazing as well. You wouldn't believe the stuff people will give away!

Battle-Brother

At Michael's stores (US) and probably others there are "skull necklaces" that have little hard plastic skulls on them. It's something like 20-30 of them. They'd be perfect for "decorations" around various chaos temples, etc. I'm waiting until after Halloween to snatch up a whole bunch on 50% off!

At the Christmas Tree Shop of all places ...I found some amazing 'tiki idol' rock statues that are perfect scale for warhammer... they are even already weathered nicely.

The wife brought home a bag of nine plastic skulls from the Dollar tree and asked me if I could use them. They ended up on my Plague towers I built for Apocalypse games.

dollar stores are heavenly for terrain projects

Battle-Brother

Something that you might not think about is cups, like you get at McDonalds with soda, big plastic but great for towers. I mixed some together and have a two foot tall super watchpost now.

Battle-Brother

You aught to post a pic of this refinery you've made.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast