BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Justicar Thawn

Chaplain

Default Justicar Thawn

This has been bugging me for a bit now. It says in justicar thawns entry that he is Mastery level 2 and that his only available power is hammerhand. He doesn't have brotherhood of psykers, so does this mean that he can use hammerhand twice in the same turn, or does his mastery level only come into play after he has died once?
    Master Bryss and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    Hi, I'm Titans newest recruit. PREPARE TO BE PURGED!!!

Brother-Captain

He can use Hammerhands twice, or he can use Hammerhands and activate his force weapon.

The tricky part is how he interacts with the squad considering that he doesn't have Brotherhood of Psykers (probably an error).

A unit of Grey Knights with the Brotherhood of Psykers special rule needs to take only a single Psychic test to 'activate' all of its force weapons (although independent characters must still roll separately).
    The common-sense answer is that when Thawn activates his force weapon, it activates the whole squad's force weapons. Brotherhood of Psykers effects the whole unit, and Thawn is part of that unit, even if he doesn't have that special rule himself.

Chapter-Master

It means that while Thrawn is alive, he and his unit can use both Hammerhand and activate their force weapons in the same turn. Doesn't make sense to activate hammerhand twice, as it doesn't stack. You would get a second shot if you failed the psychic test, though.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

What Darklink said... Plus why would u not want to take Thawn, pretty much an unkillable scorring unit since hes a troop choice. at least 50% of the time anyway... roll of 4+ every turn if he dies to come back. me like-e long time.

"To the righteous we bring hope. To the tainted we bring fire."

- Castellan Garran Crowe