BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Will a rules PDF updated for the July Event?

Also, are they both a Qualifier?

How will scoring be dictated?

I still have the same questions I posted over a month ago that have never been addressed:

WarCon AND Late War Nationals:

Are there any times posted anywhere for what happens when? This sure would help determine what hotel nights are needed for those of us that have to travel to attend.

Any and all published lists acceptable including PDF's?

WarCon Only:

Mid-War Monsters being used (assuming the two day event is Mid-War)?

New Questions ...

What missions will be played?

For those interested, information on the Late War Nationals can be found Here:[URL="http://http://www.flamesofwar.com/Portals/0/Documents/Tournaments/LateWar2011.pdf"]http://www.flamesofwar.com/Portals/0/Documents/Tournaments/LateWar2011.pdf[/URL]

Terraforming Magos

1. Is Late War at 1750?

Yes as is Mid war

2. Qualifiers for the LW Nationals?

Yes for both events.

3. Scoring System? Soft scores?

Working on it. Things that are concrete:
    Slow play will be frowned upon via scores
    Small tweaks to defensive battles to encourage defender to not slow play and actually fight
    Any soft scores, e.g. painting, will be less than 25% of the total available points
    Sorry I don't have better answers I'm headed to ReaperCon this week and have been busy preping for that I'll get this hammered out more after this weekend.

4. Is there a Theme or just open...

Open

5. 2012, will there be a Doubles Tournament?

Can we get through 2011 first?

6. Are there any times posted anywhere for what happens when (it's not on the schedule page)?
    Friday Late War 3 rounds. Saturday & Sunday mid war rounds are 2 1/2 hours long this will most likely be 5 rounds depending on the Sunday schedule we might be able to squeeze 6 rounds. Actual times will get handled by the scheduling folks. We start in the AM all three days.

7. Any and all published lists acceptable including PDF's?

If it's nationals legal it is legal here with the following exception.

8. Mid-War Monsters being used?

No

9. The Event Page says there are two Late War FOW Tournaments, while the actual registration page states that the Saturday/Sunday (six games for $50) are Mid-War. Which is correct?

This has been answered.

10. Will the information on the FOW July tournament(s) as well as the Late War Nationals in August be posted here? I see that tickets can be purchased for both, but nothing is known about them. Are there different websites for them that have this information?

I can only speak about the July event. Check out the Flame of War forums over on Battle Front for Nationals information also JWolf can answer Nationals info.

11. Will a rules PDF updated for the July Event?

No but any rule tweaks will be published here and distributed at the event. If your talking about the Official FAQ "More Lessons From The Front" found over on the FoW site I really can't answer for them.

12. What missions will be played?
    Be prepared for anything, including home brewed missions.

That wraps up this installment next time I'll post scoring and the rule tweaks.
    Best Army Appearance FOW- WAR Games Con 2010
    Eternal WarGamesCon Paint Judge
    FOW Line Judge WGC 2011

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Psyberwolfe View Post
    1. Is Late War at 1750?

Yes as is Mid war

2. Qualifiers for the LW Nationals?

Yes for both events.

3. Scoring System? Soft scores?

Working on it. Things that are concrete:
    Slow play will be frowned upon via scores
    Small tweaks to defensive battles to encourage defender to not slow play and actually fight
    Any soft scores, e.g. painting, will be less than 25% of the total available points
    Sorry I don't have better answers I'm headed to ReaperCon this week and have been busy preping for that I'll get this hammered out more after this weekend.

4. Is there a Theme or just open...

Open

5. 2012, will there be a Doubles Tournament?

Can we get through 2011 first?

6. Are there any times posted anywhere for what happens when (it's not on the schedule page)?
    Friday Late War 3 rounds. Saturday & Sunday mid war rounds are 2 1/2 hours long this will most likely be 5 rounds depending on the Sunday schedule we might be able to squeeze 6 rounds. Actual times will get handled by the scheduling folks. We start in the AM all three days.

7. Any and all published lists acceptable including PDF's?

If it's nationals legal it is legal here with the following exception.

8. Mid-War Monsters being used?

No

9. The Event Page says there are two Late War FOW Tournaments, while the actual registration page states that the Saturday/Sunday (six games for $50) are Mid-War. Which is correct?

This has been answered.

Now according to the WarCon posting yesterday BOTH of the Flames of War tournaments are now Late War.

That's an error, sorry. Sat/Sunday is Midwar. I'll fix BOLS as well.
    Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Nathanael Greene

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Jwolf View Post
    That's an error, sorry. Sat/Sunday is Midwar. I'll fix BOLS as well.
    The posting from yesterday now has the Friday tournament as Midwar and the Saturday and Sunday tournament as Late War. From what you have said before on these boards I take it that the "official" posting is still wrong.

Any idea of what the schedule will be for us out-of-town types so we can make travel arrangements?

It is just three weeks out and it sure would be nice to have some clue as to what's going on with the Flames of War tournament that keeps changing from Mid War to Late War and back again. Both are still 1750 points, right?

Sorry, it is apparently hard to get Bigred to understand what to write. Friday is Late War, Saturday / Sunday is Midwar. Both are 1750.

Everything ends by 4pm on Sunday, including awards.
    Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Nathanael Greene

Quote Originally Posted by Jwolf View Post
    Sorry, it is apparently hard to get Bigred to understand what to write. Friday is Late War, Saturday / Sunday is Midwar.
    Yeah, I see that.

The post from Wed says both FOW tournaments are now Mid War. Maybe on the actual day of the event it will be labeled correctly. I'm beginning to wonder if anyone will be there but me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast