BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default mech blood angels with a twist 2000

mech blood angels with a twist 2000
    So i was playing a DOA list and have not been very fond of its performance. So i have decided to jump on the band wagon and go mech. but i wanted somthing differnt yet that will still be compeditive. SO her goes my list, now we need to keep in mind i fight lots of space wolves, orks, dark eldar, chaos, and imperial guard. so im trying to keep a balanced list to deal with all of them.

HQ

librarian shield, blood lance 100

TROOPS

2x 5 assault squads, melta 220
    2 razorbacks, TWLAC 110

1X5 assult squad, flamer 105
    1 razorback, twin plasma lass cannon 55

1x5 assault squad, melta 105
    1 razorbck, TLHB 20

5 man scout squad, 5 snipers 75

ELIETS

5 terminators, 5xTH/SS 225

furioso dread: blood talons 125

furioso librarian dread: shield/ ? 175

FAST ATTACK

2x baal preds, TLAC, heavy flamers 280

HEAVY SUPPORT

2 storm ravens TWLLC, TWMM 400

Yeah that's not half bad and it has a little bit of everything.

I think you shouldn't give up on DoA. It's a very difficult playstyle to get used to but it is very versatile and against certain builds it is VERY powerful.

What was your old DoA list like?
    See my blog @ http://perilsoftheblog.blogspot.com/

Battle-Brother

I would try to squeeze in a priest or 2 if possible. FNP is awesome plus it will give you the Initiative in CC agaisnt most marines. With a couple of power weapons isn't a bad choice

IM not a big fan of razorbacks because I think they are over rated. Sure moving 12" and firing a lascannon is nice don't get me wrong but i like to get up very fast and Jumppacks allow you to do it a lot faster IMO. Still a fun list to play and can be very tactical.

One thing that was glaring at me was the H.flamer sponsons on your baals, I'm not sure how you plan to use them to be able to take full advantage of the templates, I would personally go with H.bolters that way at least when you are moving six inches to shoot your guaranteed to be able to shoot everything at the unit your aiming for, also it ultimately will give you more shots and you get to keep the tank out of melee range. also throw pintle mounted storm bolters on too, even if you move 12 inches you still get to fire it, Blood Angels get awesome ranged anti-infantry weapons use them!