BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default For the Emperor, for the Omnissiah (Custodes and Mechanicum project)

Hey yall, after more than a year of not signing onto the forums i do so now with this little log :P

So first off a bit of info about the army. Im going to use the new GK rules. Regular marines just dont cut it unless they release an army completely made of honour guard, also this allows me to do two projects at once, one part the Custodes (will comprise of the PA gk's, and paladins) And a mechanicum force (dealing with the vehicles, dreads, troop termies, and dreadknights). Just be aware that while i am trying to stick to the fluff i also want this to be an effective army for playing so im making some changes as i believe appropriate. ( Librarian, hammers, ect.)The models still need allot of filing and such on the greenstuff (especially the colars)

I have yet to decide on how to base the group, but im thinking one of two options, either Ullanor (so tons of ork bits) OR the battle in the webway (deamons). The second option sounds best since it lets me use all these GK bits. Anyway now for pics!

First group of PA Custodes

Last group with 'Justicar'

Librarian

As you can see some of them are missing shoulders, those are in the mail and im waiting for them before i glue them on. The mechanicum portion of the project will start once i burn out on the custodian production... Which should be soon. (Im also waiting for the bits to come in for my knight titans :P )
    Last edited by The Custodian; 04-10-2011 at 01:23 PM. Reason: wrong first photo

Chapter-Master

very nice! thats a LOT of GS molds!
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Well im sure not going to buy all the bits :P Anywho Update!

I now have 20 Custodes and my Admech Support (need to get started on the skitari now...)

First off: My Prototype Stormraven (I figured that since the grey knights always had the things the Admech probably was testing it during the great crusade. So im going to paint it us as an Admech vehicle)

Next: My admech explorator vehicle of sorts. It will count as a dreadnought with 2 twin linked autocannons and psibolt ammo.

The custodes all gathered together,

Currently working on a Knight titan converted out of a Forgeworld Chaos blood slaughterer, some Jetbikes, and the Skitari.

Chapter-Master

very nice: i love the raven... im not so sure about the explorator? a nice concept but looks like a sentinal with a box

p.s. CONVERT FORGEWORLD BRASS SCORPIAN

dude you are insane!

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by The Custodian View Post
    ...base the group...the battle in the webway (deamons)
    Definitely this one or maybe during the fateful events on Horus' battle barge?

I'm glad to see someone doing this because I was thinking of it, but I've got too many 40k projects already.

The 'explorator' (it really doesnt have name, i just gave it that) was really something i was debating. I hate the look of dreadnoughts sporting 2 twin linked autocannons, just looks weird. With it i wanted to ave the look of some sort of scientific research/exploration that had been repurposed for war.

And im not converting a brass scorprion. Im converting the Khorne Blood slaughterer :P

As for the bases i think ive decided on the defense of the palace on the ground. So mostly a city fight sort of thing with snow (its in the mountains) . Lets me also use the bunch of CSM and deamon bits i have.

Thanks for the comments.

Chapter-Master

ooh so your only partaily insane :P have you seen this website by any cahnce ?

[url]http://www.shop.microartstudio.com/iron-brotherhood-c-36_43.html[/url]
    [url]http://www.shop.microartstudio.com/iron-brotherhood-stalker-tank-p-414.html?cPath=36_43[/url]

they do some cool admechish stuff! ( i was going to link to scribor for the custodes but it seems that youve already been there :P)

Yes i have, i acutally have a set of those wings for when i do up a tech priest (Inquisitor) .

Im trying to stop myself from doing full models from 3rd party since i game at a GW and they allow me to use 3rd party conversion parts.

Soooo it took me awhile but i finally did remember that i had this thread here. The army is done at 2k points so painting has begun.

Anyway onto the models i have painted...

6 Custodes (I use purifier rules)

Dread, I painted him a day after the other 2 photos were taken. THats why you see him unpainted in the custodes and knight photos.

1 Knight Titan (uses dreadknight rules)

Anywho theres allot more where those came from. And slowly im going to get to painting them... Very very slowly...

Looks great! The only thing I would point out is that your models are supposed to have storm bolters and your guys have bolters. You should do something to make them look more like storm bolters, maybe add a barrel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast