BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 2400 WoC Army List Help

Hi, im new to WoC, and have not played in 8th Edition.
    I am planning on taking 2400pts to Throne of Skulls in the winter, and have arranged to lend my O&G army to somebody, leaving me no choice but to get the warriors done but i need help.
    i dont need to win, but i want to stand a chance in each game, and i know list building makes a massive difference.

Any ideas on the strength of this list, any weak areas

This is an idea of the list i plan towards:

Daemon prince, Level 1 Sorceror, Tzeentch Steam Corruption, 375

Exalted hero, Khornate, Juggernaught, Axe of Khorne. 220
    Lvl 2 Sorceror, Tzeentch, Dispel Scroll 165

14 Warriors, shields, full command, Tzeentch 274
    12 Warriors add ccw, full command, Nurgle 252
    12 warriors, add ccw, full command, Nurgle 252
    6 Warhounds 36

6 Ogres, add ccw, Nurgle, musician and SB 300
    5 Knights, Musician and SB Khorne 260 (for exalted hero on jugg)

1 Giant, Slaanesh 265

Total 2399.

Thanks

Veteran-Sergeant

Its not a bad list, surprised by the lack of hellcanons it seems everyone is taking as many as possible these days. Only a few things though I'd suggest moving some of the warriors from the second nurgle unit into the first, maybe six, give you that third rank to absorb casualties. I'd also drop the hounds, in their place (along with the remaining points from the half nurgle unit) I'd invest in some marauder cav, with flails and light armor/shields should points allow.
    I absolutely love the marauder cav, they are fast, they hit very hard and can do just enough to tie up one or more important units from turn one on, either by being a distraction that can not be ignored or by getting in on a flank. In fact I might try to wiggle in two or even three of these units. But thats just me.

On the topic of magic I would like to suggest the Lore of Shadows to you, it is a great hexing lore and it can deal some nasty damage as well.

Brother-Sergeant

Where do I start?

Daemon Princes are a really bad choice for WoC. Go with a level 4 Sorceror, either Tzeentch on a Disk or one of the BRB lores. You don't have a BSB, you need one. Exalted on a Jug will not get any LoS rolls, no matter where you deploy him in this list, drop him. At 2400 points, I would run one Level 4 and a BSB...that's it for characters.

Your warrior units are way too small. 18 or 24 is ideal, deployed 6 wide. Although some players deploy them 7 wide. Khorne (for the extra attacks and ItP while Frenzied) or Tzeentch (5+ HW/Sh Parry Save) are both better than Nurgle.

Halberd/Shield or AHW for the Khorne units, HW/Sh , Blasted Std for Tzeentch (for 4+ WS vs Shooting) or possibly Hal/Sh..individual preference.

If you are going to run Knights, this is where the MoN with the Banner of Rage can come in handy. This is the only place that I run Nurgle on anything.

I'm not a big fan of Hellcannons personally, they can do a lot of damage and potentiall win a game for you. On the other hand, get the wrong misfire result and they can lose a game for you. I play WoC competitively with really good results and just don't like randomness in my lists.

Check out Warseer for a lot more info on building WoC lists and playing them right.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn View Post
    Where do I start?

Daemon Princes are a really bad choice for WoC. Go with a level 4 Sorceror, either Tzeentch on a Disk or one of the BRB lores. You don't have a BSB, you need one. Exalted on a Jug will not get any LoS rolls, no matter where you deploy him in this list, drop him. At 2400 points, I would run one Level 4 and a BSB...that's it for characters.

Your warrior units are way too small. 18 or 24 is ideal, deployed 6 wide. Although some players deploy them 7 wide. Khorne (for the extra attacks and ItP while Frenzied) or Tzeentch (5+ HW/Sh Parry Save) are both better than Nurgle.

Halberd/Shield or AHW for the Khorne units, HW/Sh , Blasted Std for Tzeentch (for 4+ WS vs Shooting) or possibly Hal/Sh..individual preference.

If you are going to run Knights, this is where the MoN with the Banner of Rage can come in handy. This is the only place that I run Nurgle on anything.

I'm not a big fan of Hellcannons personally, they can do a lot of damage and potentiall win a game for you. On the other hand, get the wrong misfire result and they can lose a game for you. I play WoC competitively with really good results and just don't like randomness in my lists.

Check out Warseer for a lot more info on building WoC lists and playing them right.
    All of this is completely true and I would heed this advice!

[QUOTE=Cutthroatcure;182027]All of this is completely true and I would heed this advice![/QUOTE

Seconded.

Brother-Sergeant

Yip,dump the Daemon Prince too expensive
    Get a hell cannon if you can afford it,its scary as, that effect makes large units that want to stand still move- we have no other ranged tool to force his/her hand(except magic)Keep away from it,and use marauder fast cav to intercept any skirmishers/archers that want to shoot out its crew.The cannon is one of the hardest units in the game.

Chaos Ogres aren't that great either(they don't get impact hits)
    Try screening your Chaos Knights with war-hounds so they don't get poked by cheep archer/ranged fire.
    The Giants ok but support it with something.

Marauder Fast Cav (spears/throwing axe's) lots of small units of these guys keep you in the game

Never use Chaos Spawn.

Pick heaps of fights/Issue challenges!

My favourite configuration is all Cavalry,exalted champ on a standard steed,10 man units of Knights screened by cheep war-hounds and flanked by your fast cav Marauders (who are also screened),magic shooty banners.you choose what Marks suit them

Happy hunting

Good hunting

i'd say scrap the daemon prince, they NEVER do anything (great on paper, horrible on the field), and try to have larger warrior units. Tiny units don't sound like a good idea. Also, why warhounds?