BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Am I imagining things, or is that a female Dreadlord torso on the left side of the sprue:
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I think there are 2 male armour torso options on the left and 2 female go-go dancer torso options on the right.

The breasts you see are I think shoulder blades on the rear of the torso.

This picture shows the dragon's pose in a more flattering light and it's starting to grow on me

Last edited by isotope99; 06-25-2011 at 10:57 AM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Its a shame there are no 'good' monsters for armies like Brets and HE etc apart form existing dragons. I mean I know that they can be use by all, but they just seem themed for chaos.
    Griffons, Hippogryphs, Pegasi, Eagles, Unicorns are all 'good'. I know there are already exisitng models but hopefully we'll get some plastic/finecast versions. Plus they can make up some funky new 'dawn of time' monsters that are 'good'.

I'm loving all the newmodels and scenery, know I just want to know how the game plays. Is it going to be really cheesy and overpowered or fun and balanced? Only time will tell.

First-Captain

I guess Storm of magic is a good excuse to buy 7 dragons and have a proper dragon prince squad :P
    For the Greater good.

GW posted a few samples of the new spells and monsters on their blog. Just reposting here

Original Post [URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=17100003a&utm_source=feedburner&u tm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheGamesWorksh opBlogEN+%28What%27s+New+Today+%40+Games+Workshop% 29"]here[/URL]
    Last edited by Chronowraith; 06-25-2011 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Reposted with larger pics...
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

They also increased the cot of the Hydra to 220 points, it would be nice of they erratas the army book to use that price as well.

I think you may be right about it being the back of the torso not a female torso, but I'm still not completely sure.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Sergeant

Based on what I've seen of the rules (which is not the whole thing yet), I'm thinking that Galrauch and Daemon Princes of Tzeentch will be showing up in my army list..2+ WS Magic Using Nasties...should be a real pain for opponents to deal with. Please tell me these will be legal so I can take them off the shelf and actually play a game with them

Brother-Captain

I don't play fantasy, but the Dark Elf sorceress is a legitimately gorgeous piece. I definitely need to get me a couple.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Quote Originally Posted by quinn View Post
    Based on what I've seen of the rules (which is not the whole thing yet), I'm thinking that Galrauch and Daemon Princes of Tzeentch will be showing up in my army list..2+ WS Magic Using Nasties...should be a real pain for opponents to deal with. Please tell me these will be legal so I can take them off the shelf and actually play a game with them
    While I am uncertain if you can use larger based wizards to claim fulcrums there are ways to bump casters off of fulcrums while ignoring saves. I don't know the mechanics behind this though but it happened once in the battle report in the white dwarf.

I'd like to know too if monstrous wizards can be used to claim fulcrums as I have a Verminlord who's looking for some tabletop action.

@Necron - I agree... easily one of the nicest fantasy minis they've put out recently. Hell, I ordered one and I don't even play Dark Elves (yet, they are on the list).
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Chronowraith View Post
    While I am uncertain if you can use larger based wizards to claim fulcrums there are ways to bump casters off of fulcrums while ignoring saves. I don't know the mechanics behind this though but it happened once in the battle report in the white dwarf.

I'd like to know too if monstrous wizards can be used to claim fulcrums as I have a Verminlord who's looking for some tabletop action..

"Dragon Mages are susceptible to sustained enemy archery, but really come into their own in Storm of Magic games. Indeed, the 3+ ward save provided by the Arcane Fulcrum's defensive enchantments will make a Dragon Mage incredibly difficult to shift from his lofty perch. The additional casting dice generated each time a Dragon Mage unleashes a spell will also make 20+ to cast spells such as Fireball Barrage and Withering Heat a relative cinch to unleash."

that is a direct quote from GW storm of magic highelf section

so my guess is yes larger based wizards and wizards on monstrous mounts CAN take fulcrums only wonder now is if spellcasters on warmachines can (screaming bell, plague furnace, war altars etc)

link for that page is [url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=&categoryId=cat640007a&section=& pIndex=6&aId=17000009a&start=7&multiPageMode=true[/url]

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast