BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Hehe yes I want some Empire stuff too, but there will be six months or so of SoM releases apparently (or a few releases over six months, I'm not sure) so I'm sure we will see something. I know Dorfs are getting some love a bit later too(Runesmith and possibly some other things).

Oh, prices are (apparently)

Mount & Monster kits: £31
    Regular Monsters: £20.50
    Terrain: £20 (for packs of two)
    Characters £8.20
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Pretyt much in line with what's currently out there then (no sneaky new release price hikes). And I have to say not too bad, I don't mind £30 for a rider and mount. And with them all being plastic and finecast, lots of opportunity to kit bash and make some really funky monsters!

I really dislike the Tzeentch sorcerer. Not my taste. My favorite is still the old one with a bird head.

I do like the new necromancer for Vampire Counts and the Dark Elf sorceress. The other chaos sorcerer lord is meh to me. Still, I'll pick him up.. I need a chaos sorcerer for more generic spells. right now I just have bird man and the short and squat nurgle guy.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Brother-Sergeant

I'll definitely be adding the Chaos Sorcerer (tired of converting the Gamesday Figure into various Magic casters) and the Lord/Manticore (although the Manti isn't the most survivable mount in the world) to my WoC army. It's been a long time since we got any new figures to build and paint. I just hope there might be some rules for running a unit of Juggernaut Chosen Cavalry

The Dark Elf figures have me thinking about bringing my DEs out of retirement and playing them again...overall this release has me excited to play some games again. I'm a bit burned out on the tournament scene and looking forward to some big battles played just for fun.

Librarian

I call ball, the picture for the sorceror shows a finecast clam shell but the description says plastic.

Brother-Captain

THe plastic sprue is probably sized to fit into the new clamshell. As it says only 9 parts for one, that's easily do-able.

Which confirms what BramGaunt on Warseer said about plastic characters weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by lattd View Post
    I call ball, the picture for the sorceror shows a finecast clam shell but the description says plastic.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

Surely it would be more cost efficient to have it as one box?

The theory is each mould produces 6-8 character sprues which are then broken up and boxed individually, making it much more economical to produce. It is almost certainly legitimate though

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Hehe yes I want some Empire stuff too, but there will be six months or so of SoM releases apparently (or a few releases over six months, I'm not sure) so I'm sure we will see something. I know Dorfs are getting some love a bit later too(Runesmith and possibly some other things).

Oh, prices are (apparently)

Mount & Monster kits: £31
    Regular Monsters: £20.50
    Terrain: £20 (for packs of two)
    Characters £8.20
    Have you seen anything on pricing for that new Empire Magestrix?

Also, I'm surprised we haven't seen a gryphon kit. How interesting would it be if they did one that worked for all the gryphon-able armies (HE, Empire, Bretonnia)

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast