BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

45 scrolls, yep. Including things like [URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1140267"]Unicorns[/URL]. Note the description.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

First-Captain

Nice find there eldargirl a perfect unit for bret players :P
    For the Greater good.

Chaplain

Curse you Eldargirl. Curse you!!!!!!

A campaign? A CAMPAIGN?! Why would you do this to me?! WHY?! Why are you forcing me to buy an expansion I'm not a huge fan of because I have some sort of weird fetish for campaigns?!!!! WHY?!

You work for GW don't you?! You and your cronies have some sort of mind reading device that discovered you can make me blow crazy money on an expansion I'm luke warm on by throwing out the word "campaign." My weakness has been found!

Must find squash court 7 and hide deeper in Tardis. Must escape campaign!
    The 4th Doctor has long scarf to protect him from hate.

Some examples of old kits they are bringing back are the Great Taurus and the Lammasu (which are finecast and appear in the White Dwarf). Also, they are bringing back some old school favorites like the Fimir (most notably of Heroquest fame).

Interesting indeed.

Also, if nobody has already pointed this out yet, most of the monsters can purchase upgrades to further customize them.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

The Dark Mechanic

Storm Of Magic items are up for pre-order NOW:

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat440004a&rootCatGameSt yle=wh[/url]
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

I love the Chimera, didn't see that coming. Love the Dark Elf Sorceress, Cockatrice, Terrain, the Book and Black Dragon as well. Still don't like the manticore much.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

First-Captain

Its a shame there are no 'good' monsters for armies like Brets and HE etc apart form existing dragons. I mean I know that they can be use by all, but they just seem themed for chaos.
    For the Greater good.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I love the Chimera, didn't see that coming. Love the Dark Elf Sorceress, Cockatrice, Terrain, the Book and Black Dragon as well. Still don't like the manticore much.
    Chimera - Wouldn't say I love it but I'm liking it a lot more in that new colour scheme. The lack of poseability and options is a bit disappointing from a plastic kit (but grateful it's plastic at all). If I got one I would convert it to be on all fours rather than in that rearing manticore pose and i'd like the tail to be more serpentine.

Sorceress looks great - much better than the previous incarnation and all plastic means I'll be getting at least one for my dark eldar.

Cockatrice - needs some conversion near the bottom. Tempted to lose the feet entirely but I like the design of the head and wings. Can see this being very popular for tzeentch models (no idea why they've made it limited edition finecast but the chimera permanent plastic, maybe a hint at a future army book including the chimera?)

Terrain - Like the staircase, except for a few of the panels which looked tacked on and the swirling vortex (getting this as an objective for my 40k armies). Of course they are in separate boxes with the other more cartoony options

Black dragon - Like the optional armour and the head, still mixed on the pose.

Manticore - I still don't feel that they've nailed the manticore's look, but I do like the riders.

Vortex templates - ordered a set of these for my dark eldar as I want two webway portals and an exploding void mine.

Happy to see the prices generally on the right side of affordable (by GW standards)

What will be most interesting about this trelease on a wider view is these mini-plastic kits (wizards and chimera) that don't have the number of options of the big kits (dragon/manticore) but are mostly priced accordingly. Is this special for SoM or a signpost for the future?

Chaplain

anyone got any idea what Razumov's Tomb is?

its got a background text but it doesn't actually say what it is. is it a book, cards or what?

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440004a&prodId=prod1270 004a[/url]
    Step forth and be recognized.
    No mercy. No pity. No hope.

Razumovs Tomb is a little novel or some such, like the Island of Blood novel.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast