BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Its one kit.

Why?

That "dragon" has feathers/fur, something quite uncommon for dragons imo. It'll end up being the same kit I suspect. Disappointed

If it is a dragon and a combined kit there could be different heads with and withour fur. Regardless I wouldn't get too worried until we actually see the kits.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

If i was to take a stab in the dark, I'd say that the feathered one might be a Coatl (magical monster from the old Thunder Lizards list). Can't think of many other feathered beasties bouncing around the Warhammer world, and its magical abilities make it a good candidate for the new book.

On the other hand, it may be something entirely new. We'll see when it comes out.

i wonder if there's a labrynth element to the new monsters?

this could be a cool expansion - fingers crossed for empire mage on pegasus / and wood elf unicorn!

Some new rumours, apparently this chap has been reliable in the past:
    Quote Originally Posted by undeadgoblin View Post
    Information from a friend with an advance copy of the ruleset:

- Magic Re-adjusted "alot"
    - 9th type of magic
    -No level 5 wizards - Tomb King only thing
    - releases spread out over a few months.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

The releases being spread out would make sense, they are unlikely to do any other big releases in the summer months (despite people still insisting on promoting the summer of flyers rumour) and we won't see an army book/codex until the autumn, so they need somthing to bring the money rolling in. The pattern last summer was new rules to get people wanting to play, then IoB, then new Elves to go with the shiny new IoB models people had bought. Makes sense that there would be a drip feed of linked releases this summer as well.

Chaplain

To me, both models look like they are varient heads for the same kit- Im expecting a dragon that can be customized to any of the eight lores of magic- hence the guys that dont use those laws extensively have now got their big kits before summer (Tomb Kings sphinx, Skaven Abomination, Goblin Arachnarok) and what we are seeing is the lore of death dragon and a lore of fire dragon that any uber-wizard of the respective lore can use/ride/tame/hang out with/ get eaten by.

If thats the same kit though I wonder what else will be up for release...?

A rumour roundup from Warseer:

Quote Originally Posted by Mirbeau
    As there isn't an existing open thread, and given this is the next fantasy release, I thought it prudent to open a thread based upon the expansion and it's corresponding releases, apologies if this is somewhat pre-emptive.

We know from the gw website and the previous thread that we are expecting at least two new monsters, awesomely powerful spells, and new terrain. Given we are now rather close to release, I wonder if now we can discuss fresh rumours pertaining to the nature of these.

Here's a summary of the contents of this thread thus far. When something is confirmed by someone like Hastings, Harry, Frgt10, Bram et al I will turn it bold.

Jim kicked things off telling us

The back page of White Dwark this month confirms SoM for next month.
    June WD goes on sale 25th June.
    New piece of artwork as well I think...

Poncho160 attached this [url]http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=111572&d=1306840479[/url] image of the back-cover

CaliforniaGamer wrote
    A few months ago some of the bigger GW retail shops had an event where they had "Legendary Formations" things such as having 50+ black orcs in 1 unit gave them some additional ability...etc.
    I have never seen that before for WFB, ever.
    Can we now assume that was a stealth preview for SoM?

eldargal wrote
    I heard there was a new Everqueen model coming with SoM, possibly riding some kind of beastie. I've had another source confirm there is an Everqueen sculpt ready but was unsure if it is going to be released with SOM

Orcboy_Phil wrote (though there is some fear the staffer heard this from on here)
    Bucket of salt time, but according to a local blue shirt there are going to be a ton of monsters realeased with this. I heard something on the lines of pretty much one for each army as well as missing beastmen ones (of course these could just be rerelases of existing monsters in finecast rather than total new sculpts). I heard that that resident monster expert (Trish???) had been working on monsters for the last 2 years for this release. Once again it could just be there spec and take it with a large bucket of salt.

Sinzaren wrote
    From what I've picked up here and there it is going to be pretty similar in some ways to apocalypse. There will be big monsters which could be used for most armies, there will also be formations i.e. a Nuln cannon battery, Flight of Elven Dragons etc. which get extra bonuses just like Apoc, with extra cost for the formation. I also heard but am not too sure about Wizards being able to group together and cast bigger spells (which will come in the rules) a sort of sorcerers coven casting maga-magic.

shabbadoo wrote
    Here is a tidbit I heard, and don't know if it has been posted anywhere yet or not:
    GW will be releasing small boxed sets of individual plastic models. The allusion was that these will cover a variety of models(mostly focusing on Lords/Heroes of course), and this may very include releases for Storm of Magic; namely wizards/mages/sorcerers/whatevers. The info is more than a bit vague, but it sounds like the models will be simple enough that all of the pieces for them fit on a single small sprue frame, and as such they will be very similar to the Lords/Heroes in the WFB Starter Set. These may have a few more pieces, and so have a slightly greater degree of detail, range of motion, or even a few options(I can only guess as to this last bit). See the WFB starter set Skaven and High Elf Lords/Heroes for examples of what the minimum will be.
    This will be a simple and very efficient way for GW to put quite few plastic Lords/Heroes rather quickly(i.e. they can fit 6-8 of these small sprues on a single large sprue tree and inject them all in one go), and I don't think it would be much of a stretch to assume that they will be doing the same for 40K HQs too.
    I guess we'll see if anybody can corroborate this now.

Drakenfels wrote

Evening chaps, I was in a GW store last week.....a place recently promoted to the championship and supposedly "POSH", and i was going to buy myself a Elvish dragon, after talking to the boot-camped black shirt, he gave me a sly wink and said " Why not wait a while, i know if i wanted one, which i do, i might wait and see what is on the horizen"...
    with that , he gave me another wink....i just hope he was not making a play for me...anyways, are there any rumours about the release of a plastic dragon, i know with the Fantocalypse realease we might expect a new kit or two, anyone else heard about this ?

Asensur pointed out a rumoured reference to the storm of magic within the FW chaos dwarves list
    The chaos dwarfs' sorcerer lord can mount a Lamassu, and the book says to search for Lamassu rules in Storm of Magic specifically.

There are also two teaser images of miniatures on the GW website

Thats your lot for now, I'd expect more news to reveal itself when the june wave of tomb kings goes on sale.

Chapter-Master

Lot of interesting rumours there, I'll be interested to see which ones come true. Guess we are now in June, so GW should be giving us something concrete in the next week or two, as pre-orders are normally up at least a couple of weeks in advance.

Apparently the Storm of Magic black box is arriving in stores next tuesday with pre-orders the day after.

Source anselminus on Warseer.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast