BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

eldargal wrote
    I heard there was a new Everqueen model coming with SoM, possibly riding some kind of beastie. I've had another source confirm there is an Everqueen sculpt ready but was unsure if it is going to be released with SOM
    If a new everqueen mode came out either now with SoM or at a later date i would be the happiest high elf player.

For years i wanted to do a forces of the everqueen list as an attatchment to my regular high elf army. I hope its true

I'm not even expanding my High Elf army at the moment and I'd still be thrilled. It would be nice if they one day re-issue the maiden guard in Finecast too, the metal boxes sell for seventy or more pounds. Surprisingly good female models considering their age.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Sweet! I can hardly wait to see what shiny stuff we get.

Chaplain

Must purchase plastic monsters. Must purchase plastic monsters. Give me a Chaos plastic monster.
    The 4th Doctor has long scarf to protect him from hate.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    Must purchase plastic monsters. Must purchase plastic monsters. Give me a Chaos plastic monster.
    Well that depends on your flavor of chaos. The shaggoth just got finecasted.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Chaplain

My flavor of Chaos starts with a C and ends with Aos.

Quite a lot of rumours from Warseer:

Quote Originally Posted by 75hastings69 View Post
    2 of the new plastic kits come with lord & sorcerer rider options
    Quote Originally Posted by Scelerat View Post
    If this means a plastic DE Sorceress I'm gonna have a heart attack.
    ready the defib someone!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BramGaunt View Post
    Oh, now that everybody posts, I might as well spill my guts.. I intended to wait another week, but ah, swell...

Storm of Magic will be a full-colour hardcover book, about half the thikness of the Core Rulebook, and at the price of, well, apoximatly one Leman Russ Battletank.
    It's due for release the second saturday of July. Previews start the saturday befor.

There will be a multitude of kits and gimmicks to acompany them.

Plastic Boxed Sets are:

Chaos Lord on Manticore
    Dark Elven Lord on Black Dragon

Both Kits are the same price as a similar High Elven Ridden Monster.

The saddle, Rider and (in case of the Dragon) the armour are completly optional.

There is also a Kit labeled
    Chimaera
    and one labeled
    Cockatrice
    which are the same price as a 10 man Space Marines Squad.

There are also some Clampack releases:
    Chaos Supreme Sorcerer
    Supreme Sorcerer of Tzeentch
    Vampirecounts Necromancer
    Dark Elven High Sorceress

I don't know what these are made of. Since they are clampacked I guessed Finecast, but the price of, ah, well, lets say it in GBP: It's a one-digit-point-something Price lable.
    Quiet affordable if it was finecast, but since hasitings said plastic sorceres... well... do the math.

Of course there is a whole bunch of playthings and gimmics aswell, like Vortex Templates (Like the Dark Eldar Wayportal template, only bigger), Dice, Battle Magic Cards (which apearently come in a cool box of sime Lost Arc style... with skulls of course...) and Focus Points (4 different ones).

Which brings us to rules.

Storm of Magic is for any Warhammer Fantasy Battle Army. It supports you with a alternative of Deployment, Magic and Army composition rules.

Game mechanics
    While you place terrain, you deploy Magil Focus points. Think of these as landmarks inhibited with strong magics, like towers, magical stairs, Columns of Fire, or what ever. Each army starts with a designated number of Focus points, it depends of the scale of the game. 1 per army per 1000 points is, what I was told, suggested in the book.
    You may place 1 Wizard including a mount on top of the Focus point, and one guarding unit within a limited space - enough to place about 30 standard base-sized miniatures, I was told. The rest of your army is deployed as usual.

The game is all about dominating these points, which grant great boni to your wizard while he stands atop of them. The Magic Phase is strongly buffed with 4D6 Power dice. In addition, you determine the ascending wind of magic at the beginning of each magic phase. (It's done randomly by some sort of tool, don't ask me what it is, I don't know, but apperantly it's not a dice.) Army book Lores are associated with Army book rules, for example if the Lore of Light is the Ascendand Lore this turn, High Magic is Ascended aswell (I don't know if High Lore is really associated with Lore of Light - it's simply a example of my understanding of the mechanics).

The Ascended magic gains a +4 bonus on attempts to cast their spells. You cannot change the Ascendend in any way, though it's determined new in every magic phase.

There is also a bunch of new spells which appearently give you the possibility not only to summon Monsters loke the Cockatrice, but also whole units from other armies. I personally didn't by this one. It was a long evening with a LOT of beer.

Take all of this with salt. And enjoy.
    Plastic MOUNTED sorceress, the foot one is finecast

A mastercrafterd post good sir, with only to my knowledge 2 exclusions....

1. Arcane fulcrum scenery piece (a ruined floor with a magical vortex - of plastic - swirling upwards which you can place your wizard on top of.

2. The "garden of morr" scenery piece, basically a new fantasy graveyard - although I'm not 100% sure that this won't be held back until the VC wave later in the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by BramGaunt
    Originally Posted by CSE View Post
    Just to point out one of the new "scenery pieces" is an cool undead graveyard
    Ah, no. At least not for the initial wave... Or it's not a designated SoM release. It's not in my books anyway. There is no scenery at all, since I count the focus points as needed. while scenery is optional. There are four different Focus points, though, maybe you meant them. One's a throne, one's a gate, one's a stairway and ones a... magic-thingy-column. They come two for a space marine tac squad.

Originally Posted by Poncho160 View Post
    Any confirmation on whether this will be an expansion ala planetstrike or Apocalypse or and actual extension to the rules you can use anytime?
    It's like Apocalypse. In many ways.

Originally Posted by Tuatha Dar View Post
    Or it could be meant to represent Crone Hellebron, and he mistook the Dragon for the Manticore.

Tuatha
    The sets are labeled Chaos Lord on Manticore, and Dark Elf Highborn on Black Dragon. I don't think there are additional riders. It might be possible that the other Sorcerers to be released are compatible with the kits, though.
    Originally Posted by Zaonite View Post
    Maybe it's a part of the SoM rules that Wizards can be given a mount not listed in their army book?

And I extend my thanks to BramGaunt for the awesome rumours. Now, I need to put a cockatrice on advance order... when I get it, it shall be painted golden yellow...
    That is a possibility, but as far as I know, Army books stay untouched. Imagine the confusion you could create with a Slan on a Black Dragon.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

When it comes to Fantasy Chaos...I heart GW.

I'm hoping there is a good plastic box though, though I admit DE and Chaos do need a plastic dragon/manticore. Even so, something for the Empire/High Elves/Bretonnians etc would be nice.

Speaking of which:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlotsqi View Post
    Once again, the Bramgaunt minis list is non-exhaustive.

I don't know as a lot of "new releases" are just finecast models.
    So there may be some nice good-guy kits yet.
    Last edited by eldargal; 06-10-2011 at 02:03 AM.

Chaplain

If GW made a plastic Chaos Dragon...I would swim over there and hug the nearest GW manager.

Yes. Swim.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast