BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default the summoning and teleport homer?

just looking for clarification, the summoning doesnt scatter if the libby has a tele homer right???

ok and to just get this straightened out psyker mastery 2 allows 2 powers in my turn(move,shoot,assualt) and two in the opponents ??? just not two in the same phase? aka hammerhand and forceweapon?

The Summoning doesn't benefit from a teleport homer. Teleport homers only affect Strike Squads, Interceptor Squads, and models in Terminator Armor which teleport onto the battlefield via deep strike. Being affected by The Summoning isn't teleporting onto the field via deepstrike

A Librarian with Mastery 2 can use two powers in each player's turn, and there's no rule against them being used in the same phase. A librarian can't use two psychic shooting attacks in a turn, because he can only shoot one weapon, but other powers (like Hammerhand and Force Weapon) can be used in the same phase.

Chaplain

you are correct

Brother-Sergeant

Do units scatter when summoned with the summoning? The rule states they are "placed using the deep strike rules". I took this to mean no scatter, but cant assasult or move.

Librarian

Yes, if they don't roll a hit on the scatter dice, p95 of the Rulebook.

Why wouldn't they scatter?
    Last edited by Hive Mind; 04-11-2011 at 11:24 AM.

Brother-Sergeant

because of the word "placed" i have learned that keywords like that tend to take precedence over other rules.

Librarian

Seems like a stretch to me. Using the DS rules you "place one model" then roll the scatter dice.

Brother-Sergeant

using summonings rules you place the entire unit, not just one model. so its not just the normal DS rules in effect here.

Librarian

DSing Terminators or jump infantry moves the entire unit too. To me, because it says "using the DS rules" that means you... use the DS rules.

If it's not "the normal DS rules" then what's the rationale for saying that they can't assault or move? I see no logic in embracing some aspects of the DS rules and arbitrarily dismissing another.
    Touched by His Noodly Appendage

i believe that the "summoned" unit is Placed (no scatter) within 6" of the libby from there they follow the DS rules for setting up the models and they can't move or assault that turn. as if they deepstriked.
    at least thats the intent i see for it. if the unit scattered the power would be worthless IMO.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast