BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Chapter-Master

Does it really matter what an arbitrary, made up acronym stands for?
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Does it really matter what an arbitrary, made up acronym stands for?
    Yes.
    When you hear hoof-beats, it's best to think horses not zebras.

Veteran-Sergeant

Start another link jack wagons, this one is not about the BRB (Big Racked Babes?)

All of the psychic powers in the space wolves codex state which turn they can be used, and all are NOT allowed in the other players turn. Thats just one codex, but I would assume (probably wrong for assuming) that other psychers are tied in the same way.

In the SW codex they are all shooting attacks or at the beggining of HIS (specific) turn, but those are specifically written into each psychic power. Do other Codices have anything written into theirs?
    You scare me, wolf-brothers. You scare EVERYTHING.-Ahmad Ibn Rustah, skjald of Tra http://grayhartswarclown.blogspot.com/

Librarian

Some do, some don't.
    Touched by His Noodly Appendage

Chapter-Master

Not all powers specify. Hammerhand is usable in both your and your opponent's assault phase, for example.

If a power specifies when it can be used, then you can only use it then. But if it doesn't, or if you have one power to use in your phase and one to use in your opponent's, then any psyker can use 2 powers per game turn.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant

A good example is the "Shield of Sanguinass(sp?)" power in the Blood Angels book. The power specifically states that it's used at the start of your opponent's shooting phase.

This means you can cast power X in your turn and then Shield in their turn. If you had to cast Shield in your turn it would suddenly become a question of X or Shield. As it stands you get X and Shield in a game turn.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123