BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chaplain

Default Callidus Assassin and Neural Shredder

Am I reading the Neural Shredder, right? It's a template pistol (so flamer template, so that is cool), with Str 8 , AP 1 but the wounds are resolved by that target's leadership? So if I use this on space marines who are usually LD 8 or 9 I am looking at wounding on 4s?

I was hoping it would be 2s all over that place with the Callidus with the Neural Shredder but having it resolve against leadership makes me less likely to take her....

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by celestialatc View Post
    Am I reading the Neural Shredder, right? It's a template pistol (so flamer template, so that is cool), with Str 8 , AP 1 but the wounds are resolved by that target's leadership? So if I use this on space marines who are usually LD 8 or 9 I am looking at wounding on 4s?
    Yes, that's right.
    Touched by His Noodly Appendage

Chapter-Master

Also like the weapons that wound against the Ld instead of T in the DE codex, you don't inflict ID on targets that are T4. The Strength has to be double the Leadership to inflict ID.

And same as toughness, roll on the majority of the squad...
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Librarian

The neural shredder is complete rubbish.

Her other stuff's not too bad, but the nueral shredder is just poop. And it looks goofy too

Chapter-Master

Have a word with yourself Teach. It does the same to damage on MEQ as a flamer but is AP1? Hardly poop methinks.

(I'll give you it looks odd though.)
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Wez Orkz not afraid of dat puny wea... wait boyz? Where r you Gitz? ... Uh oh...

Spam is considered to be a delicacy in parts of England. For local approximations, consider fine foods such as Beluga Caviar, truffles, or foie gras. - Actual GW website quote

Chaplain

I was just hoping that I was reading the rule incorrectly. I still might use the Callidus Assassin from game to game, depending on the Opponent. Her Rules on just popping up in an enemy unit are pretty awesome, and hilarious to boot!

I wish the Culexus or Eversor were better....oh well....

Veteran-Sergeant

She used to be even better, what with "A word in your ear..." and being able to assault the turn she appears...

Alas, I cannot see myself using her any further... at least not with GK's. With my sister's, she is still awesome!
    Check me out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InquisitorialMandate or search for MWG Leland!

Librarian

Yeah, she got nerfed pretty hard. Vindicares is where it's at now.

Librarian

If you have any options to lwer the enemy leadership, she can be quite good. Also, remember that you are rolling against *majority* leadership, not the highest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast