BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Battle-Brother

If I manage to get my hands on any, I'll happily be converting them into Death Guard terminators.

Scout

I'm planning on painting them up as Blood Angels straight outta the box. My regular army is red, but a different shade of red, so it'll be interesting to see how close I can get to the GW established 'Blood Angels Red'.

Initiate

As I am an avid BA player, the first squad will be painted up as they are. If I get my hands on a second squad, I might convert some stuff, maybe transfering small details onto my existing standard plastic termies to lift them closer to the details level of the new cool SH termies.

I will of cause be basing them on 40mm raoud bases so they can be deployed in a game of 40k

The idea of converting them to DA is making me do some serious thinking. These guys would make some awesome deathwing.

If only I didn't have both armies so I didn't have to decide.

sad Mark!

I'm gonna use them for my DIY Legio Divina Chapter shaving and converting just a bit..
    ..Then they'll be blood angels or deathwing..since Legio is multi codex chapter...
    I just need to build a couple of shoulder missile launchers..

if i was rich enough i would have bought 2 sets. one set pure blood angels. and the other set my custom chapter. But since im not that rich i am going to bite the bullet and make them my own chapter.

BoW- John

My intention is to paint them as standard Blood angels. My local GW were giving away A5 flyers with a terminator painting guide printed on it. Seems fairly simple, the copy of SH the store had painted up using the guide looked really good, different from the style in the latest White Dwarf, and better IMO.

Brother-Sergeant

I honestly don't think I can bring myself to paint them; my skills are just not up to it yet!
    They are absolutely beautiful models, and I fear I couldn't do them justice.
    Think I'll hang on to them and keep practicing until the Blood Angels Codex is released and then reassess my ability.

That said, I'm seriously considering converting up a batch of Red Scorpions specifically for Hulk, the only draw back being that that wont be cheap, and Hulk already wiped me out until payday
    Last edited by Culial; 09-02-2009 at 03:08 AM.

I've been spending ages wondering about what to do with them... I think painting them as BA would be nice, as then they fit with the fluff with the game. But then they'd all be normal and there would be loads of the exact same models kicking round, so I am also considering de-BAing them and painting them as Ultramarines, as then they fit with my current army and would be unique. But, that would also mean they were quite similar in colour to the genestealers, so I'd have to paint them differently. I really don't know....

Space Wolves. With lots of sculpted furs and runes to conceal the BA iconography.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast