BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by ComradePenguin View Post
    I hate to say it, but the harpy is likely to only get worse once its model is released. I'm willing to bet a hefty amount that the poor harpy will be on the same flying base that the storm raven and valkrye come on. This means you will never be getting any cover saves on your expensive and fragile gun beast. You are also very unlikely to keep the harpy within range of your slow moving venomthropes.

The sad thing is that the harpy had the potential to be a very cool unit in the tyranid codex, but ultimately fell short of its design (like many units in this book). As it stands, the harpy should sit at around 100 points or have its survivability increased by +1 T and +1sv.
    The new hive tyrant works well for a Harpy. It will not be hard to get coversaves for t as well with the new bug or a venom.thrope

I think the Harpy is an okay unit. It just suffers from being a little overpriced... and having horrendous survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by trygonprime View Post
    The new hive tyrant works well for a Harpy. It will not be hard to get coversaves for t as well with the new bug or a venom.thrope
    That is fine for now, but when the model is eventually released I am pretty sure it will be on the flying base. This assumption comes from it being the size of trygon, so it will have to be on the large oval base. If you do use the new hive tyrant model you will face a dilemma when the actual harpy is finally released because the size of the model. I don't think people will appreciate a model that is supposed to be the height of a stormraven only being as tall as a cranifex.

Brother-Captain

A Harpy will die as soon as a psycannon is so much as pointed at it.

Scout

I like this tactic and like the idea that tyranid players are still kicking around here, I could just imagine a mass of nids waiting in cover until the time is right to run right down and destroy all the knights they can find!
    Timing seems very important in this tactic, making sure that there aren't any elements that aren't going to be hitting on the same turn as your main mass should be one of your biggest concerns (which you probably already knew). All this talk of gunning down the harpy before it reaches the enemy lines is just silly, hide it behind something big to block LOS or get cover saves and it'll be fine.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234