Quote Originally Posted by Drew da Destroya View Post
That's fair, but the whole piece still reeks to me. Why would the Necron have helped the Blood Angels against the Tyranid anyway? Why not just destroy them (now easier because the Blood Angels were fighting a 2 front war), then either continue purging the Tyranid, or head back into their tombs, seal up, and wait for the bugs to leave?
I guess because the Necron knew that they couldn't fight the Tyranids alone; and yes, they could have returned to their Tomb world to wait for the Tyranids to leave - but what would they return to? A world denuded of all organic material? Further, if that's the way the Necron operate, then forseeably they would never engage anyone, since returning to a tomb to wait until things were more suitable for them would result in no battles - just 'terrorist' style raids.

Ultimately, I find it fascinating that not all Necrontyr were of the attitude that they must wipe every living thing out - why should they be? - and therefore it is likely that some Lords would have preserved engrams where their personalities continued their neutral or a more balanced mindset. Such as the Silent King making a strategic decision to briefly ally with the Blood Angels.

However, I understand your view point and do not think that you are wrong - you are entitled to expect the background to be more in sync with how you perceive the 40k universe to be I just like morally grey characters, who aren't always so despicable.