BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Chaplain

Default New Necron fluff?

For those who have purchased the GK dex, you will have no doubt have read on pg14 the paragraph headed 'The Impossible Planet'
    In it it says that the necrons were causing 'history to be rewritten'
    Now I'm not saying that this is what is going to be the central theme is going to be in the new necron dex (when it finally comes out), but does anyone else think that this is going to be a new take on the necrons purpose in the games backround?
    Master Bryss and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    Hi, I'm Titans newest recruit. PREPARE TO BE PURGED!!!

It could just be Matt Ward.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    It could just be Matt Ward.
    Unfortunatley, that is a possibility.
    There is also the terrifying prospect that he might write the new necron dex

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberscape7 View Post
    That would be fine with me, I already hate Necrons.

Librarian

He writes awesome rules, and he can't make the background any worse. What's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    He writes awesome rules, and he can't make the background any worse. What's the problem?
    Are you tempting fate?!?? Are you going to cause the Necrons to become T5, 2+Sv monstrosities with an undeniable feel-no-pain save of 2+?? Are you REALLY going to have the Nightbringer eat Alpha Centauri, the Deceiver being one of the High Lords, the Void Dragon being behind the primary consciousness of ALL the titans, and Necrons allying with everything from the Inquisition, to Space Wolves, to Kroot, to Watchers in the Dark to even Papa Nurgle's plagulings?!??

Are you truly trying to cause the end of the world as we know it?!??
    Spam is considered to be a delicacy in parts of England. For local approximations, consider fine foods such as Beluga Caviar, truffles, or foie gras. - Actual GW website quote

Apparently it was confirmed at a Black Library seminar that he is writing the Necron codex but a team of writers are handling the fluff.

Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Apparently it was confirmed at a Black Library seminar that he is writing the Necron codex but a team of writers are handling the fluff.
    Wow. The team has actually kept Ward away from the fluff! This might be what they do for all the other dex's he's involved in (hopefully) Have to say, I'm not too worried bout the ruleset- he has done some good work with the GK rules so it should be fine. Just as long as we don't get monolith over-kill...

I don't think it had much to do with Ward, from what I recall GW felt the Necrons really needed to have exceptional fluff and they decided not to entrust it to any one person.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

That makes sense. I suppose they need to keep the space zombies interesting...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast