BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Looks great.

I really like the stiple effect that you've done on the larger surfaces of the vehicles/jetbikes.

That's a very nice looking army. Very crisp and I love the bases.

My only nit-pick is that there doesn't seem to be much depth in some of the colours - it may just be the pictures, but the white on the Dire Avengers and bone on the Howling Banshees could do to have a little more shading to define it further.

Other then that, great work! Well done for painting all that Eldar

Really impressive army there.

I think the purple gems compliment the blue armour perfectly. I'm loving the contrast between the blue and the bone on the larger models and I think the raised rocky bases are ace, especially with their "melting snow" appearance.

Are the bases resin or made by yourself???

Can't wait to see your Red Corsars!

You did a really good job painting all those up. I really like this army and I wish I could paint as well as you. Congrats on getting ALL of that painting done too. It must have taken a while.

Battle-Brother

That is an incredible amount of Eldar awesomeness. Shame that you're still xenos scum (joking), but kudos to you for completing this amazing army.

<though an army is never really done )

Chapter-Master

Out of curiosity, how did you do your snow? I have trouble getting it to look that good. Thanks!

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by the_great_gonzo View Post
    Are the bases resin or made by yourself???
    I did the bases myself. It's cork that's been stacked, primed black, then drybrushed with dark and light grey. Then I applied clump foliage. Finally I added a 50/50 Woodland Scenics Snow/White Glue mixture for the snow effect. It's pretty easy all told and looks pretty good methinks; it just takes a little extra time.

Thanks for the nice words, gang. The Red Corsairs are on the way.

Default Nice!

That is a very nicely done army! Thanks for sharing!

Brother-Sergeant

Kudos on that paint job and the will to hang in there and get it done.
    Come all you Xeno scum and fallen heretics! Come face the one true might of the universe and wither under the Golden Throne's gaze!

Wow. Those are amazing! I wish I could paint that well. Also, I second the suggestion to "melt" the avatar's base.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast