BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default 6500 Points of Fully-Painted Eldar

This weekend I finally finished off painting my Eldar army. While the Craftworld is obviously Alaitoc, I've built it up in a more balanced manner so I can take advantage of more than just Rangers/Pathfinders...

The armor was achieved by three stages of stippling from Regal Blue up to a 50/50 Ultramarine/Ice Blue with a Citadel Tank Brush. Time-saving warning! I primed the bottom section and top section of all the grav tanks separately (white on bottom, black on top), then painted them separately, and glued them together at the end. Made things go markedly faster and with much less cleanup.

You are my hero... I love the bases.

This brings me too 6507 points without formations. All told:

HQ
    1 Avatar, 3 Autarchs (1 on Jetbike), 3 Farseers (1 on Jetbike), 5 Warlocks on Jetbikes
    ELITE
    10 Howling Banshees, 10 Striking Scorpions, 12 Fire Dragons
    TROOPS
    6 Guardian Jetbikes (2 w/ Shuriken Cannons), 30 Dire Avengers, 10 Pathfinders, 10 Wraithguard w/ Warlock
    FAST ATTACK
    16 Warp Spiders, 2 Vypers, 6 Swooping Hawks
    HEAVY SUPPORT
    3 Wraithlords, 2 Fire Prisms, 3 War Walkers, 1 Falcon Grav Tank
    DEDICATED TRANSPORTS
    4 Wave Serpents
    LEGENDARY UNITS
    1 Revenant Titan, 1 Nightwing Interceptor

Next project: 3000 points of Red Corsairs (Huron Blackheart, 5 Terminators, 1 Chaos Dreadnought, 39 Chaos Space Marines, 4 Rhinos, 10 Raptors, 2 Vindactors, 1 Predator, 1 Land Raider, 1 Traitor Hellhammer)

Here's a teaser...

Oh my! Thats a lot of space elfs!

Frickin awesome!

Battle-Brother

Great paint job.
    The color scheme does leave a bit to be desired on the wraithlords and jetbikes though. They seem a bit plain now.

Awesome looking Eldar, love the scheme!

very nice. I like the face on the avatar.. A couple of suggestions though? maybe make the snow on the avatars base look like its melting (squirt super glue on plastic wrap and brake off chunks after it dries) to show how hot he is, and perhaps a coat of pledge future shine on the window of your vehicles to make them less flat. I really like the bases, think you pulled the effect off well!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast