BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default OFFICIAL Spanish GK Errata is out!

[URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1760276a_%C2%A1NUEVO!_Caballeros_Grises_0.0.d_Abr il_2011.pdf"]http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1760276a_%C2%A1NUEVO!_Caballeros_Grises_0.0.d_Abr il_2011.pdf[/URL]

What? I never said anything about a FAQ.
    But damn GW got me excited.

Brother-Captain

Interesting. In Spanish the Grey Knights are actually the "Grey Gentlemen".

Also, there isn't anything really interesting in that errata - just corrections to bring things in line with the English codex.
    Last edited by Lerra; 04-15-2011 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lerra View Post
    Interesting. In Spanish the Grey Knights are actually the "Grey Gentlemen".

Also, there isn't anything really interesting in that errata - just corrections to bring things in line with the English codex.
    Nope, it's "Knights". In Spain we use the same word for "knight" and for "gentlemen". Although a GK army with top hats and monocles would be RAD.

And yeah, I know the errata is boring.

Chapter-Master

Since I don't speak spanish and google translators aren't great with specific wording, are any of the changes worthy of note? I didn't see anything that sounded like it would make the rules work differently.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Since I don't speak spanish and google translators aren't great with specific wording, are any of the changes worthy of note? I didn't see anything that sounded like it would make the rules work differently.
    No, it's just an errata.

Battle-Brother

It appears to me (decent Spanish speaker) that all that has changed in the Spanish Errata is correcting errors (likely in the original translation) to bring the book in line with the English version.

Rough Translations (leaving out unnecessary parts)

Pg 22- Grey Knight Grand Masters special rules "master strategist" The units selected all receive 1 ability from the list (and all units receive the same power)

pg 53 - Vindicare Assassin -- Turbo Penetrator. Change the last sentence to read " the armor penetration value of the turbo penetrator round is 4D6.

pg 89 - Paladins - Options - Change the first sentence to: "May include up to 9 additional paladins"

pg 92 - Dedicated Transports - In the three cases, change the phrase " may equip one of the following " with "May equip any of the following"

Quote Originally Posted by Foreigner View Post
    It appears to me (decent Spanish speaker) that all that has changed in the Spanish Errata is correcting errors (likely in the original translation) to bring the book in line with the English version.

Pg 22- Grey Knight Grand Masters special rules "master strategist" The units selected all receive 1 ability from the list (and all units receive the same power)

pg 53 - Vindicare Assassin -- Turbo Penetrator. Change the last sentence to read " the armor penetration value of the turbo penetrator round is 4D6.

pg 89 - Paladins - Options - Change the first sentence to: "May include up to 9 additional paladins"

pg 92 - Dedicated Transports - In the three cases, change the phrase " may equip one of the following " with "May equip any of the following"
    Thanks! I was seriously hoping for more than just those few changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreigner View Post

Pg 22- Grey Knight Grand Masters special rules "master strategist" The units selected reroll all 1s to wound

Just a small error, but otherwise very good translation. "Herir" is "wound", hence my small fix.

On a related note, I now wonder what the printed penetration value for the turbo-penetrator is (in the spanish codex).