BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ahh I wasn't aware of the exact wording of cold-blooded.

Chapter-Master

The rules aren't incompatible. The Tomb Kings rule asks you take a leadership test on 3 dice and add the result together. However Cold Blooded states that you take a leadership on 3 dice and discard the lowest. So you are forced to take a leadership test on 3 dice (which CB lets you do anyway). However the discard one die then kicks in.

The rules as quoted here (and I must admit I haven't read them) state that you 'add the results together' not 'add the three dice together'. This means that you add the final results of the dice roll, so you would include for example any re-rolls granted by another spell, item etc. So in this case you remove the lowest die, as per the lizardmen special rules and add the 2 dice together, along with any other modifiers you might have.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Although the casket says the sum of the 3 dice, you cant have that if you discard 1. As such they will cancel.
    It does not say that....see quote below

Quote Originally Posted by TheBitzBarn View Post
    A quote of the book states the following:
    " The target of Light of Death must take a Leadership test on 3D6, adding the results together."

You have the power called Light of Death incorrect and I have to say that you have an issue and I feel that this is a cancel out.
    I disagree as the following poster comments, it demands a test on 3d6 which lizzys do anyway it does not demand that the 3 dice be added together only that the result is added together.....hence total after lizzys drop the Highest of the 3 dice.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    The rules aren't incompatible. The Tomb Kings rule asks you take a leadership test on 3 dice and add the result together. However Cold Blooded states that you take a leadership on 3 dice and discard the lowest. So you are forced to take a leadership test on 3 dice (which CB lets you do anyway). However the discard one die then kicks in.

The rules as quoted here (and I must admit I haven't read them) state that you 'add the results together' not 'add the three dice together'. This means that you add the final results of the dice roll, so you would include for example any re-rolls granted by another spell, item etc. So in this case you remove the lowest die, as per the lizardmen special rules and add the 2 dice together, along with any other modifiers you might have.
    Only thing to add here is Lizzys drop the highest, not the lowest(just so theres no confusion) I don't see GW FAQ this as I see no reason for confusion. Lizzys get a bonus against the casket, given the shaft they got from pit of shades and the purple sun is it really so horrible to think they actually worded the spell for the casket the way they did on purpose so cold blooded would work properly for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12