BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Pointy Eared Freaks!!-DE 2000

OK with much codex and bols reading I have finally come up with my serios Dark Eldar army list. Im about to drop alot of money on this build. So before I make the final purchase I need y'alls help. Pick this apart as much as you need to. I dont want to take any Heamons, wracks, or groteques

HQ

Asdrubel Vect
    Baron Sathonyx

TROOPS

10 Warriors w/ Blaster, Dark LAnce (X2)

9 Wyches w/ Hydra Gaunts, Haywire nades, Hekatrix w/agoniser
    Raider w/FField

10 Wyches w/ 2 Hydra Gaunts, Haywire nades, Hekatrix w/agoniser (X2)
    Raider w/FField

9 Hellions Helliarch w/PGL

HEAVY

Ravager w/FField (X3)

ELITE

5 Incubi
    Venom w/Splinter Cannon

Thats 1997 pts. The idea is to shoot forward and hug terrian with wyches and tarpit squads. Vect with wyches Baron with hellions. the two warrior squad stay in back for fire support and to claim local objectives. Ravagers do what they do best and Incubi and Vect go HQ hunting. Use hellions for midfield objectives or cover ravagers. I dont care what happens to warriors really as long as the darklances and blasters keep shooting

The Vect and Baron Combo help me to make my opponent deploy first, then for me to set up to counter. Then hopefully(50-50) steal Initiative.

Should I take the Hydra guantlets or the Shardnet and Impaler with my wyches? Is it too spammy?

Thanks yall
    cya in the trenches

"I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive"
    Random quote
    carry on

Chapter-Master

Wow bumping your own thread after 4 hours? Seems a little Needy :P

Not a bad list. Dont know points costs of top of my head, but have you considered dropping a ravager, and Vects Wych raider, and using the points to upgrade that to the Dias? Makes it harder to kill, which protects the wyches. Remember if a raider blows up you can expect to lose 50% of the wyches on board.

Consider giving one of the home warriors squads a cannon instead of a lance, for extra anti-infantryness.

And i'd give Vects squad a shardnet, not a hydra. If you always keep that net next to him, if he gets assaulted, its diminishing the threat to your head honcho
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

i'd give a suggestion for wych weapons, Razorflails are king, but of course I don't know where your going with your list but, re-rolling to hit and to wound (which can be combined with some lovely drug rolls too) is always helpful. But in general an intresting list. Beware Anti-tank Guardsmen.. You'll loose tanks like never before (especially as they can improve there tank killing ability with their order system D: )
    Last edited by Corvus-Master-of-The-4th; 04-18-2011 at 10:10 AM.
    [I][I] =][= "Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse” =][=

you said tarpid squads. I see none. The warrior squads seem ineffective. They have a heavy and an assault weapon in both. You can't shoot both same turn so why use them. I dont know the points but a 20 man squad with 2 splinter cannons are a supreme tarpit squad in a different sense. They sit on an objective or backline in terrain and unleash a flurry of splinters. If in rapid fire range they fire 44-48 shots hitting on 3's wounding on fours. If you find points for Duke he gets them hitting and wounding on threes.

The hellion squad is not big enough and baron doesn't do much to help you with such a small squad. I would drop to find something more efficient. Same thing with incubi. 5 incubi on average will kill 5 marines. You will lose some back. They would be effective for one change and then be overcome too easily. Drop them for something better, maybe some troops in venoms.

I feel that duke is a better fit for you if you choose to go with this 20 man squad. If not loose the dl and blaster squads for more hellions. I like the 20 man squad better but its your call. My 20 man squad usually get 2 or 3 pain tokens by themselves.

Also pain tokens are your friend! Haemonculi give you a free one so if you choose not to go with baron or duke then look in haemonculi to get those tokens of joy!

I would have to agree - 5 Incubi won't do much on their own. Either need to be more or gone.

If you intend to guard an objective with the Warriors, it may be more effective to combine the two 10-man squads into a single 20-man squad. I've used it a couple of times - hard to budge, 2 Dark Lance Shots, lots of poison.

For the Wyches, I would consider a Shardnet and Imapaler as an option in each squad. The ability to reduce the number of attacks can't be discounted. Especially if you target someone with a Power Fist or some other nasty CC weapon. It could mean the difference between winning and losing combat.

I can't comment on the Hellions - I haven't finished assembling mine yet! However, if you do drop them because they're aren't enough (???), I would consider Reavers and just do some high-speed fly-bys. Picking toys as you may feel appropriate. I know my opponent hated them!

ok so here's my revised list

HQ

Vect
    Dias of Destruction

Troops

10 Wyches w/ SI, HG, Haywire nades, Hekatrix w/ PGL, Agoniser
    Raider w/ FF
    2nd squad of the same
    3rd squad of the same

20 Warriors Splinter Cannon, Dark lance and Sybarite

Elites

9 Incubi- with vect

5 Trueborn w/ 2 splinter cannons
    Venom w/ splinter cannon

Heavy

Ravager w/ FF , NS
    Ravager w/ FF , NS

total points-1997

My concerns are taking objectives with wyches and that i dont have enough Dark lances to pop tanks
    CC welcome
    Last edited by Wolf Brother Hellstrom; 04-20-2011 at 11:21 AM.

If Incubi are on foot, you wont see them live long mate....
    Nont know what you have in plan but why Vect? and what is DL doing in that block of warriors anyway?
    Duke is better & cheaper, from my own exp FF on raiders for wyches is waste...Shock prow and eather sails & TGL for them cuz its one way taxi of death.

Venom on the other side could hug NS...
    As for big cube of warriors: 2 splinter cannons and Haemonculi with hexrifle/liqifire or other nasty trick of your choice will do better.
    Focused unit>all-round unit
    (sory for spelling)
    ....shhh, it's okay, it's just me.... I`m Beast at the back of your head.

Yeah your list would really benefit from the Duke over Vect. He'd add a lot to virtually all the units you've included (warriors hit on 3+ and wyches get to roll twice on the drugs table) plus you'd save 190pts (dias included) which could be used to do a lot.

If you're worried about getting first turn, just take the Baron and the Duke. This gives you a great shot at 1st turn and the option to deep-strike if you don't get it. If you do go this route I would try to get a unit of Hellions for Baron to roll with (remember they too get to benefit from double drug rolls).

Maybe drop the warriors and include a third Ravager and I think you're set!

I'm doing something very similar with DE here's my list if you're interested:
    [HQ]
    + Duke Sliscus The Serpent [150]
    + Baron Sathonyx [105]

[Elites]
    + Kabalite Trueborn [190]
    - 5x Trueborn; 2x Splinter Cannons, 3x Blasters
    - Venom with 2x Splinter Cannons, Flickerfield
    + Kabalite Trueborn [190]
    - 5x Trueborn; 2x Splinter Cannons, 3x Blasters
    + Kabalite Trueborn [143]
    - 4x Trueborn; 2x Splinter Cannons, 2x Shardcarbine

[Troops]
    + Wyches [215]
    - 1x Hekatrix with Agonizer; 9x Wyches with 3x Razorflails
    - Raider with Dark Lance, Flickerfield & Shock Prow
    + Wyches [215]
    + Wyches [215]
    + Hellions [217]
    - 1x Helliarch with Agonizer
    - 11x Hellions

[Heavy Support]
    + Ravager [120]
    - 3x Dark Lances, Flickerfield & Shock Prow
    + Ravager [120]
    + Ravager [120]

Total: 2000
    See my blog @ http://perilsoftheblog.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Brother Hellstrom View Post
    ok so here's my revised list

HQ

Vect
    Dias of Destruction

Troops

10 Wyches w/ SI, HG, Haywire nades, Hekatrix w/ PGL, Agoniser
    Raider w/ FF
    2nd squad of the same
    3rd squad of the same

20 Warriors Splinter Cannon, Dark lance and Sybarite

Elites

9 Incubi- with vect

5 Trueborn w/ 2 splinter cannons
    Venom w/ splinter cannon

Heavy

Ravager w/ FF , NS
    Ravager w/ FF , NS

total points-1997

My concerns are taking objectives with wyches and that i dont have enough Dark lances to pop tanks
    CC welcome
    K - If you're concerned about armour, you should probably start by replacing the Splinter Cannons with Blasters on the Trueborn. Remember - passengers don't need to fire at same target as the vehicle. Shoot his transport with Trueborn and hopefully mow down the passengers with your Venom's 2 Splinter Cannon.

I would also put 2 Dark Lances in the squad of 20 - no Splinter Cannons. Park the unit on an objective or in cover and blast tanks. The remaining 18 models are ablative armour for the Lances AND in case someone comes up on foot, you have double-tapping Splinter Rifles.

Only reason to take Spinter Cannons in a unit on foot is because you intend to move every turn OR if you want the Tarpit / Anti-Infantry force that was described by darkeldardenny.

I don't use Special Characters usually, but the advice from blackarmchair about the Duke and the Baron is repeated quite oftern and sounds reasonable. I would probably drop the Baron as you don't have Hellions in this list. I would prefer adding an Archon with a Phantasm Grenade Launcher to the Incubi - gives the unit the Assault grenades it would otherwise not have. If you decide to go with Hellions, Baron is a definite option to consider.

Finally, try to get that 3rd Ravager - you really should have one for a 2K list. Either that or consider one of the Fliers.

Luck!
    Last edited by BlindGunn; 04-21-2011 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Stuttering Typist... :$

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast