BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 1500pts, daemons (2nd attempt)

Hi guys and gals, only my 2nd attempt at daemons so please lend me hand if you see anything you would change ect

HQ:
    Epidemius
    Keeper of secrets, instrument of chaos, pavane of slaanesh

Elites:
    4 Beasts of nurgle

Troops:
    10 Bloodletters, instrument of chaos
    5 pink horrors, blot of change, the changeling
    5 Nurglings
    5 Nurglings
    5 Nurglings
    5 Nurglings
    5 Nurglings

Heavy support:
    Daemon prince, mark of nurgle, daemonic flight, cloud of flies, noxious touch, aura of decay, instrement of chaos, iron hide

Daemon prince, mark of slaanesh, pavane of slaanesh, daemonic flight, iron hide, instrument of chaos

total points 1470

Scout

Biggest problem I see is the entire army is really slow and with all armies being extremely fast not really viable unless you plan to objective sit.
    Most players will group and take out you piece by piece and the lack of speed reduces your chance of mounting a effective counter.
    But kudos to theme lists!

Brother-Captain

Usually if you are taking an Epidemius list, you take it all the way and go 100% Nurgle. Currently, the only practical way in that list to get Epidemius' tally up is for the Daemon Prince of Nurgle to kill a bunch of stuff by himself. Also, Nurglings aren't scoring. If you replace them with Plaguebearers, you have a unit that is scoring and it's just as killy once you get the tally up. If you want to take both Nurgle and Slaaneshi units, Epidemius is probably not the best choice, though.

Here's two ways to tweak this list:

Mixed Gods (just an example):

HQ: Bloodthirster w/ Unholy Might, Blessing of the Blood God (if there are GK players in your area)

Elites:
    6 Fiends of Slaanesh, one with Unholy Might
    6 Fiends of Slaanesh, one with Unholy Might

Troops:
    Bloodletters (12)
    Pink Horrors (5) w/ Bolt, Changeling
    Plaguebearers (5)
    Plaguebearers (5)

Heavy:
    Daemon Prince of Nurgle, Wings, Iron Hide
    Daemon Prince of Slaanesh with Pavane, Unholy Might, Iron Hide

Note: For Fiends, don't buy the ugly and expensive metal model. Buy the plastic Seeker of Slaaensh box and assemble them without riders. They look way cooler and cost a lot less.

Mono-Nurgle:

HQ: Epidemius
    Great Unclean One

Elites:
    7 Beasts of Nurgle

Troops:
    Lots of Plaguebearers. Just keep adding 'em til you run out of points

Heavy:
    3x Daemon Prince of Nurgle with Wings, Unholy Might, Iron Hide

Good on ya for taking some Daemons!!!

A few things that might be issues for you:

-BoN are really very expensive and not extremely powerful. They are basically plaguebearers with an extra wound and random attacks. I wouldnt spend any points on them. Other reason is that they do not have plague swords, so wont benefit from early results on Epid's chart.

-Nurglings, you actually have too many troop choices lol. I find them great in one large horde or two small ones. Deep strike using a banner in front of an exposed unit and you just got yourself behind a nice tarpit for the enemy. Also, they dont benefit from half of Epid's chart. And the biggest reason for not so many nurglings is the fact that they do not score and a canny opponent would shoot your other troops to bits in the opeing phases of an objective game. Go plaguebearers if you are doing the nurgle theme (they benefit from the entire chart)

-Im digging the pavane use to bring your enemy closer to your slow nurgle army, but have you considered the masque?

-The DP work well, but you have a lot of points tied up into them, maybe try thinning them out a bit. I know, its hard leaving iron hide, wings and unholy might at home but it does save you a lot of points.

****Food for thought: If you are doing the nurgle Epid thing try using breath. In an army with Epid you can also get another herald, Great Unclean one, and 3 DP's....... thats a potential 5 models with breath that can deep strike aggresively and make soup of the enemy. Also, since you are killing scores of models with breath you are racking up Epid's chart very very quickly...

Hope this helps.
    For the Empire-----CHARGE!!!!!!!!!