BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vortex what if

Veteran-Sergeant

I love the whole 'divide by zero' response! oh Gawds noes!

Drop the apocalyptic barrage template on centered on the contact point, roll 6 times, and remove anything contacted by the barrage rolls...included SH/GC's...and wipe the map flat (terrain). Leave the template there as difficult/dangerous terrain (molten slag/warp bubble overflow/'it's the ra-diation') and keep on truckin(straight upward vertical pull/discharge for flyers too!)
    "Sometimes I take humor seriously. Sometimes I take seriousness humorously. Either way it is irrelevant"

Chapter-Master

If ever such a momentous event should partake...

An instant hole would open in the space time continuum.

Looking down at the table, you would notice you didn't recognise the miniatures any longer. There would be these funny equal sided shapes - you realsie with horror these are dice such as d4, d12 etc.

Suddenly to one side you would notice an un-opended blister pack of chaos renegades - 5 of them in there - the price says £2.99...

And slowly you would realise that the revving noise you can here is a Squat warlord with Hearthguard on trikes...You have arrived in 1990 - someone is rolling D10 on a madboy chart and codex creep is a nightmare...
    Or alternately you could argue that the vortex template is a removable terrain feature - so the one moving tuching the other one would simply eat it with no effect and carry on.

Or roll on the chaos doomsday device effect chart on the GW website apoc PDF - these effects are hilarious.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Scout

That is an awesome suggestion,
    "and suddenly a doomsday devise appears on the board... and it's active... with noone controling it!!!"

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Squee View Post
    I'm my gaming groups' local "Rules Lawyer",
    (No need to form a lynch mob, I have been told I provide an important service, and I have never tried to use "superior rules knowlege" to bend games to my favor.)
    So you're not a "Rules Lawyer" then, more your group's "font/shrine/tome of knowledge".

As for the multiple vortices question, why not draw up a quick random table:
    Possibilities:
    They dont interact - the moving template stops short of it's move, but touching the 1st. (Think drop pod inertial guidance)

They combine to become the next template up (similar to watching two whirlpools going into a plughole join up)

They blow up - uber explosion (super-heavy critical style)

They nullify.

I'd say d6:

1: Nullify
    2-3: "bounce off"
    4-5: combine
    6: Boom!

I'd say they make love and spawn 2d3 new vortici in conctact with the parents.

if at any time you cannot place the newly spawned vortici into contact with the parental pair (only way for this to happen would be for other vortici beeing in the way) the space-time-continuum collapses.

determine the point where the two parental vorticies touch. this is forthnow called "point zero". remove the parental vortici and all not placeable vortici from the game and roll 1d6 for each one. add the numbers together. if there are any vortici within that much inch from point zero they are removed from game as well and each add another 1d6 to the radius. continue untill no fresh vortici fall into the rift.

the final number is the radius of the warp rift. everything that is within range from point zero is removed from play. superheavies/gargantans are only removed from play if they are more than 50% within the area of effect. if they are just touched they loose d3 SP/ d6 wounds.

the area of effect is impassable terrain, blocks los and cannot be flow above by fliers forever. objectives within the AOE are removed from play. if all objectives are destroyed this way the game is an automatic loss for BOTH sides.

epic bombs ftw... ^^

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12