BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Hybrid View

Librarian

true, but ***-hat ness hasnt been that bad for me

and never had a problem with stopping for errands and stuff. Gfx I cant argue, save for the fact that seeing the pixels go squish is better than the I stick my arm out and clothesline the elf type gfx..

But I digress

Back to Malifaux!
    The Dark Angels, The Emperor's First, and Finest!
    A moment of Laxity spawns a lifetime of Heresy

Malifaux is a great game. Coming from warhammer40k it was like a breath of fresh air. Cheap to get in to,no need for a gazillion models to play a game, I personally found it much easier to learn how to play as compared to 40k, the fluff is fun, and the models are interesting and fun to paint. In my local area most of the mini gamers at least picked up one crew. It seems like most of the 40k gamers in my area switched to Malifaux either as their primary game or exclusively playing it.

2 youtube videos that I like are from this Aussie guy named 'Rubbish in Rubbish out'. Search for his malifaux videos, he has one that explains how to do an activation and another one that shows a full game. Good to see what the game is like.

as far as Malifaux goes, it is a pretty great game.

just a couple of things to be aware of:

1) the mini's tend to be designed more with the aesthetic in mind than use as a gaming piece, so many of the models tend to be a little fiddly and/or fragile.
    2) the learning curve can be quite steep - especially in regards to being able to process and internalize all the special rules for each model.

But once you get past that, the game is tons o' fun. The biggest draw for me is how easy it is to change up the way your faction plays with just a single mode.