BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default FW IG Crassus Armoured Transport

[URL="http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/CRASSUS-ARMOURED-TRANSPORT.html"]Not bad[/URL]:

It will set you back one hundred and ten coin of the realm. Experimental rules [URL="http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/c/Crassus.pdf"]here[/URL].

Oh and there is a Badab War transfer sheet available too.
    Last edited by eldargal; 04-21-2011 at 08:49 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

Its so pretty!

Much cooler looking than the regular chimera, and looks like you could actually fit the ladz inside it without needed them to all be in fetal position to fit!
    Hi ho! Hi ho! Its off to Krump we go!

It's a great looking model.

That said I'm not sure "How do I get my IG troops into assault?" is a question that will need an answer very often.

Veteran-Sergeant

~200US, pretty, but don't need one.

Brother-Sergeant

Looks cool, but isn't particularly functional. It desperately needs a capacity of 31 one so you can put in three combined squads with a commissar. If I could include the commissar, I'd consider it for an Apoc game. Though, since it's an Apoc vehicle you can probably talk to the other players to see if they'll let you squeeze in one more guy to make it a worthwhile unit.

Librarian

That thing is screaming Battlewagon to me.

At least, until I look at the price, and then remember the unbuilt Battlewagon sitting in my closet.

Chapter-Master

The models nice, the rules are a bit meh. If you want transport for guardsmen, the Stormlord just seems better. Sacrificing closed top, for having a Vulcan Mega Bolter, seems fair to me
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by newtoncain View Post
    ~200US, pretty, but don't need one.
    $165 AUD. I love you Australian dollar.

I'd prefer if FW prioritised moderately priced upgrade kits to these full resin ones. They look good, but the stormlord is plastic and you could probably convert something like this from that

Banned

Given the Crassus is based off the Marcharius chassis, a Baneblade hulled one would be almost twice as large.

Also interesting to note that "thousands of these vast transports were drafted into the 6th Cadian Armoured’s ranks during the fighting on Betalis III". So that's the planet IA11 is on I'd guess (given in the Phantom video they say Mymeara is the blue craftworld).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast