BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chapter-Master

The GM? If you don't have anything else at all to spend those 5pts on, sure. There are a lot of other 5pt upgrades you'll want to get first, though.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    The GM? If you don't have anything else at all to spend those 5pts on, sure. There are a lot of other 5pt upgrades you'll want to get first, though.
    I mean combining his strike squads into one unit and giving them psyammo. He wouldn't need two rhinos anymore and that would free up 20 points.

There really aren't very many bodies in this army and your purifiers are eating up a ton of points.

If you don't intend on making combat squads with the purifiers then you can take two out of each unit and drop the psycannons and add psyammo. Use the extra points from combining the strike squads into one unit and give the strike squad and both purifier units psyammo and have 106 points left over.

You can use the extra points to add too another unit or sacrifice one of your support units for a different more expensive unit.
    Last edited by jorz192; 04-25-2011 at 08:01 PM.

Chapter-Master

Ah. That is an option, but you'd only be saving 20 points and you'd be losing one vehicle chassis. Four Rhinos are pretty easy to kill, and three even moreso. Psybolts are nice, but I think you get more from target saturation in this case then you would with the extra damage output.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I think that Psybolts on the infantry units are the GK equivalent of fools gold. The idea of massed S5 appears to be awesome but consider how much better Stormbolters are than the average infantry standard issue from other armies then i think their just surplus. I would never recommend dropping Psycannons just to put +1 strength on the rest of the unit. On Vehicles Psybolts are good, on Autocannons theyre awesome. Hell they turn Assault Cannons into Psycannons.

The only way id consider them for infantry would be if i took a 10man strike squad with no special weapon ugrades at all. A full 20 S5 shots might be worth it.

First, I like the list.

I like the land raider. Most people go for more boring list these days.

Your purifiers are perfect in my opinion. Keep them fat and happy, and no, not more psycannons in them.

I would playtest as is, and see if those GKSS can actually do anything at that size.

What I would do is, remove one of the GKSS squads, and make a 5 man purifier squad with two psycannons to shoot out the the rhino. Then take away two psycannons from one of your 10 man units, so they are pure cc. They will hand with your termie LR for support.

Chapter-Master

if you go up against any horde army, S5 weapons are gold.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12