BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sizes and Disembarking

Just a quick question. Assume I have a land raider crusader with 8 termies in it, Can I place them all at the front assault ramp? Or are their bases to big to be "within 2 inch"?

Occuli Imperator

You should be able to, I'm at work and don't have my minis with me , but I am guessing that you are saying that the bases are too large to dissembark legally (within 2").

Fortunately, the assault vehicle wording covers all access points not just the front ramp (C:SM pp. 81)

It's not so much the assault rule I wonder about it's more the fact that 8 termies are obviously to big to fit within 2 inch of the opening. Even 5 is a bit of a stretch

Brother-Captain

If you center the first two right on the ramp, then place one to either side, then put a row in front of that, you should be fine. The bases of a terminator are smaller than two inches (two inches is 50.8 mm and the bases are 40 mm.) You should be able to measure from teh corner of the ramp to the outer most two termies and be fine, as those would be the only two that have any sort of issue.

Also, if you model the side doors to be the front sponson housings on the LR, and put the guns toward the rear, then you have an extra two inches on the sides towards the front as well, which give you a little more lee way on where you place the figures towards the front of the vehicle.

John M>

Occuli Imperator

If they don't fit you'll have to use the old side door

with the big bases though, even using the side door you should be able to disembark 8. remember only the front ones need to make it into assault (and IC), the rest can butt up into them and still fight if within 2" of a guy in base to base.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    If they don't fit you'll have to use the old side door
    You gotta be careful with those side doors! Remember: with the official design, the door is infront of the sponson, so when you step out, you might take a lascannon to the side of the head! I mean, you'd think they'd put the door behind the sponson, for protection and to get the sponson just that much closer, but nope! You get to get out with that thing going off right next to you!
    Hi ho! Hi ho! Its off to Krump we go!

Remember, you needn't place the entire base within 2" of the access point. If even a sliver of the base is within the 2" it's legit (don't believe me? go look at the picture illustrating the rule in the BRB).
    See my blog @ http://perilsoftheblog.blogspot.com/

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by blackarmchair View Post
    Remember, you needn't place the entire base within 2" of the access point. If even a sliver of the base is within the 2" it's legit (don't believe me? go look at the picture illustrating the rule in the BRB).
    This is correct if you had 3, 25mm bases they could be placed end on end like so

[]OOO

the box being the transport and the O's being models no gaps tho
    Last edited by Morgan Darkstar; 05-03-2011 at 12:35 PM.
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Thanks =) who knew, well you guys apparantly, but still

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast