BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default Inquisitors in Termy armour?

There' an option for Inquisitors in terminator armour...my question is how does this work?

To use marine armour at all takes lots more training and a super human body and reflexes, let alone the right to use Terminator armour, the priceless relics of marine chapters.

How does a bog standard, or slightly bio-augmented MAN (or woman) get the armour or wear it?
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Brother-Captain

I imagine much like power armor there's no requirment of augmentation to wear terminator armor. The black carapace just makes it work like an extension of the wearer's body speeding reaction time. I think terminator armor is supposed to predate Space Marines anyway, so normal folk should be able to wear it.

Amberley Vail (from caphias cain) has used a type of power armor. It was definately in the range of artificer which isn't far from terminator., Add to that it had some kind of funky teleporting shield which could count as your INV save. I guess there's an example. In the Inquisitor trilogy there was a Black Market Arms dealer (bit foggy on that but i think it was), encased inside a Space Marine Dreadnaught body. It's 40K anything is possible.

I guess you have to remember if your the ORDOS INQUISITION you in theory have whatever you want. If you want a suit of terminator armor, well i guess you got to get a Space Marine Chapter indebted to you, or if that fails just assasinate one, fix it and use it for yourself...

my question is how does this work?
    If you have to ask this question you've already failed the Inquisition application. Maybe you can be a bodyguard (jk)

Aervyper
    Last edited by Aervyper; 04-29-2011 at 07:38 AM.

The simpler answer is that, like power armour, Terminator armour is not monopolized by Space Marines; it's merely used most iconically by them.

I could not imagine the Inquisitor gets Terminator armour by knowing the Grand Master well enough to get a fist-bump and a wink and take this treasured relic for a spin. More likely he has, in his own private arsenal, some kind of powerful Tactical Dreadnaught armor - scaled for his lesser size.
    Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers - all of which are true and terrifying to know.

Chapter-Master

very few Inquisitors have access to Terminator Armor. Of which, only the Ordos Daemonhunters that do have access.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Aervyper View Post
    definately in the range of artificer which isn't far from terminator., Add to that it had some kind of funky teleporting shield
    The displacer field, my favourite 2nd edition wargear, though it was probably in 1st.

But OT it would work like the SOB power armour does

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

It's worth noting, too, that we don't know what exactly the Grey Knights/Daemonhunters codices mean when they say "terminator armor" in the inquisitorial context. As the FFG books make clear, not all "power armor" is created equal. Sororitas power armor, for instance, has some features that Astartes doesn't, and vice versa, and their armor protection levels aren't exactly the same - but the differences are slight enough that it all comes out as a 3+ armor save at the 40K level of abstraction. Similarly, it's entirely possible that the "terminator" armor an inquisitor wears is not literally the same as the "terminator" armor that a space marine wears. Just as "power armor" describes a range of equipment, "terminator armor" could too.

Veteran-Sergeant

TDA, power armour and Dreadnoughts all pre-date Space Marines. Anyone can wear and use these armors if its properly fitted. What hangs people up is the references to the Black Carapice, with is use the mount implant connector plug, not actually control anything. All the BC does for a Marine is make wear armor easier/more efficient.

SJ

To back that point up, none of the various rules sources we have describing the actual effect of power armor place much emphasis on its strength-enhancing qualities. A marine in power armor or terminator armor is not actually that much stronger than a marine in his birthday suit (birthday armor?).

The way I think about the Black Carapace is that it bypasses the need for a force-feedback control system. Under ordinary circumstances, a suit of powered armor doesn't know what to do until the user exerts some force - your brain sends nerve signals to your arm muscles, which cause you to flex your arm, which compresses sensors in the arm of the [relatively] static suit, which tell the suit to flex the suit's arm until that pressure is relieved. That will inevitably introduce a certain amount of clumsiness into the suit's movements, even if the sensors and the computer backing them up are very good (and given that this is 40K, they may well not be).

With the Black Carapace, a person can jack the suit into his own nervous system, so your brain sends nerve signals to your arm muscles and to the suit at the same time, thus cutting out the need for you to actually move your limb (which is a fairly slow process compared to how fast nerve signals move) before the suit knows anything is up. By the time your arm muscles get the "flex" signal, the armor has gotten the "flex" signal as well, so the two can move simultaneously rather than with a slight offset.

Librarian

I know that Inquisitor Tyrus (in the Inquisitor rulebook) is no space marine, but he just happens to be tall enough to wear a suit of power armour.
    Conscription in the Lucky 88th
    http://lucky88th.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast