BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Seeing as I cant post it to the comments... and I totaly agree with Lanparth... I hate having any models squatted... Especialy when some people have spend almost $200 bones to make a 10 man of said unit... :P

1) SNORE.... we are not just tombkings in space... WE ARE THE ORIGINAL BAD GUYS! this is sucha cop out if true... :P

2) Dont buy it, Ctan things as elites... they better be sucky to be there :P

3) Sounds ok, ide prefer a 4+ as u know termi 5+ saves dont usualy do much... 5+ is kinda weak... should at least be equal to FNP...

4) This is total crap, Guass is worse off now??? Same ol auto glance.. no chance to destroy without shooting 80+ shots.. No auto wound ?? Garbage. The monolith loosing the flux auto shoot is realy lame concidering this is its only wep most turns... Its a heavy SUPPORT. Unless I can fire and teleport now this is a major nerf. One less shot on Cannons for ap3 is kinda nice i guess.

5) Duh... auto loose has no place in 40K anymore

6) Absolute garbage. That body is NOT A JUMP PACK. NEcrons use ancient and fantastic tech, manking our coolest unit (imo) into just another assault marine with a gun is stupid and unfluffy. Way to retcon....

7) Totaly backwards... unless flayed ones get MASSIVE buffs. Immortals belong as elites... they pretty much are the definition of elite for necrons. Flayed ones.... yah... NO... We need more than 2 troop choices.

8) Meh, couldnt care less one way or the other. My collection of clasic necron HQs will still be usualble

9) Not liking the transports.. seem like a cop out. Necrons dont use transports... :P Instead of using their brains to find ways to make that work... we get a cut n past cop out.

10) Tesla guns sound cool, but dont realy fit into the feel with that name. Mabye Call them G. Lightning cannon or somthing ...

11) What we needed... But realy did it need a tonne of new stuff? so mods to existing stuff would be nice.

12) This is nothing new

Over all I think this seems very fishy in that 1) its a MASSSIVE change... Not sure if its just too much. It seems almost like I might as well sell my army now for penuts and start from scratch. Transports in necron armies suck. Plain and simple. If they were ment for that somone would have had even an apoc sheet for one. Ive NEVER seen anyone use a necron transport. Thats just lame. We HAVE come up with apoc necron teleporting things cause THAT make sence with the fluff.

I think alot of this is bunk and hope so... Plus I know alot of angry peeps with 180$ pariah units who are gonna be realy pissed when they see this...

PS sry about spelling, im ina rush

These points are all in reply to the last set of rumors ....

It really looks like alot of identifying features of the crons are getting stripped down and the book is being converted into a marine dex... particularly the transports... not sure about those.

I mean someone mention getting them into the thick of it quicker. Crons suck in melee.. like bad. maybe getting some flayed in there.. but then they wont be firing out of the transport, granted with it being opentopped its going to be like dark eldar I guess.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by MaxKool View Post
    3) Sounds ok, ide prefer a 4+ as u know termi 5+ saves dont usualy do much... 5+ is kinda weak... should at least be equal to FNP....
    So you think it would be fair that you could hit a Necron model 50 times with a str 10 ap 1 gun, and he would ignore it completely on a single 4+?

The new WBB as stated there is so much better than FNP that it's only fair that they only get a 5+.

4) This is total crap, Guass is worse off now???

6) Absolute garbage.

7) Totaly backwards... We need more than 2 troop choices.

9) Not liking the transports.. seem like a cop out. Necrons dont use transports... :P Instead of using their brains to find ways to make that work... we get a cut n past cop out..
    So you complain about a bunch of little tweaks and nerfs, then turn around and complain about some tweaks and buffs they give you to make up for it?

Over all I think this seems very fishy in that 1) its a MASSSIVE change... Not sure if its just too much.
    You and five million other people every time a new codex comes out. And you're usually wrong.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Captain

4) This is total crap, Guass is worse off now??? Same ol auto glance.. no chance to destroy without shooting 80+ shots.. No auto wound ?? Garbage.
    Pssst...
    ...Str. 4 will wound everything T6-8 on a 6 anyway.
    The rule as-is now does NOTHING when it comes to making to-wound rolls.

First-Captain

well it does but only really in apocalypse
    For the Greater good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of War View Post
    I mean someone mention getting them into the thick of it quicker. Crons suck in melee.. like bad. maybe getting some flayed in there.. but then they wont be firing out of the transport, granted with it being opentopped its going to be like dark eldar I guess.
    I'd assume it doesn't have anything to do with getting to the thick of it, but simply as a protective platform from wich to fire the gaussweapons of the squad.
    It may be a Skimmer, but it's not Fast, but still open-topped, so I'm guessing it will slowly hover forward 6inces a turn (same pace as the necron warriors on foot that we have now) and blast tings left to right.
    Seems verey Necron to me!

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Why are people supprised this read like a marine dex, mat ward did write it of course. hell I reckon it'll be retconed so that necrons are the 2 or 11 legions....

but seriously these rumours are a joke, I can't believe that GW would completely screw up another army the way they did tyranids, if they continue like this they really will kill their own game.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    but seriously these rumours are a joke, I can't believe that GW would completely screw up another army the way they did tyranids, if they continue like this they really will kill their own game.
    Cruddance screwed up Tyranids with poor internal balance, not GW.

Also, these are RUMORS! Why are people crying like the sky is falling? Has everyone moved here from warseer since it went down or something?

I'd guess that the transport idea is rooted in the droid army transports from Phantom Menace.

Yes.. Warseer is gone and many are lurking here now Gir.

Well hopefully with all these toys in the wings... that there will be some major point cost drops.. as Crons was one of the smallest armies in the game due to the insane point cost (180 for a troop squad manditory 2 squads min.. need more in todays troops only scoring land)..

If these rules are real for Gauss that would make me sad. I thin Guass should always glance on a 6 and all be AP1.

It would make their guns slice through armor and feel no pain. Which if you think about it and the way guass is described - it should. It strips the molicules away one by one. AP1 Guass would work great.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast