BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

For my very first BolS post id like to ask is anyone has seen or heard any romurs concerning the Necron Warrior model. Im not thinking sprue recuts or anything similar. Im think a brand new sculpt.

The reason for this is, I seem to remember hearing a whisper that they might be in a potential 2nd wave. But now i cant seem to find that particular rumor again on any forum. I just think it would be a little sad with a new warrior model. With a bit of "leg-work" the old one is rather cool imho

Disclaimer: I apologise for any spelling/grammatical errors, english is like 3rd language or something Also sorry if romur fishing is not allowed, slap me on the wrist...wont do it again. I just couldnt find anything mentioning that it wasnt.

Best regards Hjarl

If they redid cron warriors it would be wave one.. there is no way they would do a wave 2 for the core model of an entire range. That being said I dont see them recutting them as the cron warriors are pretty sick models. I think they have weathered the storm of time pretty well. I just need to paint the stupid lego rods as they are just stupid.

I know they are going down to 10 models a box though. So if you want some warriors I would get them now for your 2 model bonus..

Yeah my warriors have their "lego rod" painted as well...purple with artificial lighting source

I guess i can see your point as to why they really cant be in a 2nd wave. It would be a monumental s******* of new players picking up the army as the new dex´is released.

Buy a bunch of warriors to get the army going, then 6 months later be so out of luck when 2nd wave would hit...

Even GW couldnt be that cruel (i hope)

Anyhow i really hope they leave the current plastic necron range alone for now.
    Last edited by Hjarl; 04-29-2011 at 07:00 AM.

Chapter-Master

I imagine they'd keep it as is unless they drastically are changing the aesthetic of the necron line. Hopefully in this instance the old, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" addage stays true.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by isotope99 View Post
    It'd be a shame to lose the C'tan entirely as they're good models.

Maybe some sort of avatar style retcon so that they're only a fragment of their consciousness or simply using them to represent a couple of the special character lords?
    Apoc maybe? Makes more sense to have a star god wandering about in a 10,000 point game than a 2,000 pointer.
    Hi ho! Hi ho! Its off to Krump we go!

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Platypus View Post
    I have some Dune prequel and Star Wars novels that might make you reconsider that statement.
    They're still just books about pretend places.

Chapter-Master

Yeah, if you are genuinely messed up enough to "hate" someone who you think messed up your favorite little story, you need help. Seriously.

'I don't like Ward's writing' or even 'Ward sucks' is one thing. 'I hate Ward and he should burn in hell for eternity' is another. Grow up.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Iron Father

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    They're still just books about pretend places.
    Indeedy, its just a story and if you don't like it......don't read it . Personally if the fluff is a bit sucky but the rules are well rounded then I will still be happy.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Hopefully some new rumors break the web soon. This thread is devolving a bit.

I am curious about the Artificer lord.... and what did they do to flayed ones.

I heard something about making the enemy Ld5...

If they redid cron warriors it would be wave one.. there is no way they would do a wave 2 for the core model of an entire range. That being said I dont see them recutting them as the cron warriors are pretty sick models. I think they have weathered the storm of time pretty well. I just need to paint the stupid lego rods as they are just stupid.

I know they are going down to 10 models a box though. So if you want some warriors I would get them now for your 2 model bonus..
    I wouldn't be 100 percent certain about the first part. Tomb kings are rumored to have their core skeletons replaced at a later stage.

Gamesworkshop at the moment seem to be keen on introducing new unit's and big beasties:

Dreadknight
    nercospynx
    arachnok spider

With initial waves/codex remake's. Alongside these they are favoring replacing metals over existing plastics, hence the tomb guard over the normal skellies. based on this i agree that standard necron warriors won't receive a redesign (perhaps an additional sprue or sprue recut,) but i would not write off necron warriors being re-done for a future 2nd or 3rd wave release.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast