BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Space Marines are slightly more tolerant of Xenos than the rest of the Imperium, mainly because they are pragmatic enough to recognise useful allies. For example they refused to allow Exterminatus against the Tau at the end of the Damocles Gulf crusade as they respected the Tau as honourable warriors and worthy foes. They have also allied with them to fight the Tyranids, and have allied with Eldar on several occasions. The anti-Xenos rhetoric is espoused by the top brass of the Imperium as propaganda, it's a different matter when you are fighting for your life on a battlefield. But I find it hard to imagine they would ally with a race which has been bent on the outright destruction of all life. It would be like allying with Tyranids - suicidal.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Anyway, even the Inquisition utilises xenos technology and will ally with xenos from time to time.

I like the idea that Necrons are rebelling against the c'tan. After all, the star gods kind of started as the servants of necrontyr. Further, it gives them more character - not just being robots serving the four c'tan.
    Dark Eldar 4000pts, Eldar 2000pts, Dark Angels 2500pts, Tau 2000pts.

Chaplain

Thread was a bit quiet so I though I'd post this link to Warseer
    Apparently its leaked unit entries from the new codex. The statline and names of the special rules fit with the rumours on Dakka but I'd take this link with a fair bit of salt.
    [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=111030&d=1306285253"]http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=111030&d=1306285253[/URL]
    Master Bryss and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    Hi, I'm Titans newest recruit. PREPARE TO BE PURGED!!!

I aint buying it. They wouldnt allow an entire squad to change out their weapons ala fire dragons like that.

Veteran-Sergeant
    That would make it too easy for the Imperial Assassins

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberscape7 View Post
    Thread was a bit quiet so I though I'd post this link to Warseer
    Apparently its leaked unit entries from the new codex. The statline and names of the special rules fit with the rumours on Dakka but I'd take this link with a fair bit of salt.
    [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=111030&d=1306285253"]http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=111030&d=1306285253[/URL]
    This could be a repeat of the Sisters Codex April Fool's Joke, it has the same sort of style, but hard to say. I don't know Necrons well enough to know if there is something conspicuously missing (like the Heavy Flamer option was on the basic Sister squad).

Veteran-Sergeant

i have feeling after necrons not having a fine cast model, while everyone else did means they are next anyone else feel the same?

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Lancel View Post
    This could be a repeat of the Sisters Codex April Fool's Joke, it has the same sort of style, but hard to say. I don't know Necrons well enough to know if there is something conspicuously missing (like the Heavy Flamer option was on the basic Sister squad).
    Necrons never had options, really. There's nothing that -could- be missing.

Still, I'm with others on adopting a wait-and-see on this rumour.

Veteran-Sergeant
    That would make it too easy for the Imperial Assassins

Quote Originally Posted by B-rock View Post
    i have feeling after necrons not having a fine cast model, while everyone else did means they are next anyone else feel the same?
    Sisters did not receive any Finecast models either. It's an apt analysis, but nothing new to suggest from it. We seem fairly certain it's going to be either Necrons or Sisters. Small rumor the Necrons might have been delayed to later this year, but we'll see. I suspect the next release is the Necrons to take, unless they suffer a delay.

Veteran-Sergeant

i love the marine army books but they are starting to crowd the shelves and the tournament scene. there needs to be a new army to get off this marine strick.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516