BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    The Dark Mechanic

At least one of the people "providing" those rumors appears to spend all of his free time on a daily basis gleaning rumors from all the forums and blogs out there. Not that the service isn't useful, but he does not ever appear to me to have any sources or original new information of his own. And it does appear to be an obsession to post as many rumors as possible, I guess every forum has someone like that.

And you have to love the one that starts out "don't believe me if you don't want to", as if we needed permission to be skeptical. I guess it's a reflex defense against the inevitable forum trolls that attack every rumor.

It is my understanding that Necrons are long done, so I don't have any trouble believing their release is fairly imminent. They've probably been in their new boxes for many months.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

It'd be a shame to lose the C'tan entirely as they're good models.

Maybe some sort of avatar style retcon so that they're only a fragment of their consciousness or simply using them to represent a couple of the special character lords?

Fly Lord

There was an ancient rumor from last year that said certain pieces of wargear available to Necron Lords would allow the use of the old C'Tan models. Probably some type of defensive field, or illusion/aspect of the C'Tan thingy...

Brass Scorpion wrote:
    It is my understanding that Necrons are long done, so I don't have any trouble believing their release is fairly imminent. They've probably been in their new boxes for many months.
    Hearing the same here Brass. Scattered reports are coming in of retailers no longer being able to order existing Necron plastic product codes. That would fit with the standard 3-4 month process to clear out the channel of inventory for an August Necron release.
    Last edited by Bigred; 04-26-2011 at 02:33 PM.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

Am I the only one that would be really disappointed if WBB was changed to too closely resemble FNP?

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    Am I the only one that would be really disappointed if WBB was changed to too closely resemble FNP?
    No i'm against the new rule design of everything and their mothers having FNP.
    On the c'tan sides of things it would make sense for them to be removed from the book as Gods shouldn't be in the codexs (but according to matt ward primarch beating knights should =P)

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    It's so integral to the army that I don't think it would be a straight replacement.

I wouldn't be surprised if they changed it though to be less confusing. The whole joining other units thing is fairly confusing.

Rumours also have phase out going to a squad basis so here's my wishlist prediction:

Lay models on their side when killed, as current WBB.

Test for unit at start of necron player turn even if all on their side (unless wiped out in CC/swept when their enemies can spend time smashing them up, probably also be stubborn to reduce this vulnerability).

No test for instant death attacks (maybe also power weapons and AP2- in line with FNP)

If after taking tests, squad is less than 25% of original strength, phase out squad.

Models on their sides can't claim objectives (obviously)

Shas'o

I'm really excited about the new Necrons! I've wanted to do that army for a long time now and that one rumor of a Necron lord unlocking flayed ones as troops would be awesome! (If they get reworked into plastic.)
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

Battle-Brother

more HQ is good but takeing C-tans sucks...i dont want FW ctans way too mutch $$$ the star gods need to be in there...why not take out the eldar Avatar,bloodthirter or some SM HQ...i just hope there codex is like DE,SW,BA & GK, necrons should be feared ...

Default huzzah!

All good news to hear. Thanks Big Red! I'm just happy to hear any rumors that aren't about replacing WBB with FNP. So, so, so happy! I just hope that at least the codex comes out before I go to China

Yo Red, when can we see pictures and more newsposts on the front page like we did with the Marines?

A few points of order:
    Though, for the record, we'll be back is a better rule. How is one paragraph with a subordinate clause so confusing? The only reason it is confusing or difficult is when non-regular players have a temper tantrum claiming they know how to play a rule they skimmed over once, about 8 years ago? Still, it's nice to hear that if the re-design is coming, there are attempts being made to keep the original flavor.

Not all Gauss weapons will be rending? But, I liked the idea of extra crispy!

And Fall of Damnos was a horrible book. I hope that someone else feels they were able to glean tidbits about "new" Necron units and abilities.

And the new Necrons better make Space Marines drop on their knees and pray to their corpse-god for help every time we hit the table.

Fall of Damnos was a great book..............til the last few chapters. Then it was downright awful.

not going to give out spoilers, but there is a thread about it somewhere around here where I gave my review.

"So-and-so is dead...."

Next chapter

"Well, it was really just a flesh wound...."

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast