BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    I am a fan of guard with lash whips.

Defiler Class:
    The tyrant has 1 set of Devourers, Psychic Scream, Leech Essence, Thorax Swarm Shredder Shard Beetles, Bone Sword/Lash Whip, Old Adversary, and Hive Commander.
    If point to spare, acid blood and miasma.

Three guns a turn + kick butt in CC.

wait? Someone doesn't like tyrants? I have always kicked butt with them. Every opponent I have fought freaks out over it.
    Cool build! Though, a Monstrous Creature can only fire two weapons per turn....
    Otherwise I like it! How many Tyrant Guard with it, and I'm assuming Lash whips on them?
    "Sometimes you just have to roll the hard six." -Admiral Adama
    Like my posts and ideas? Visit my Blog! http://www.dave40k.blogspot.com

Chaplain

This is a 2 part post.
    1) Does anyone know if the new Tyrant (whenever it does come out) has plastic wings as part of the kit?

2) Haven't gotten a tyrant yet but I'm planning on kitting it out with wings and then... something. I can't really decide what will be more worthwhile; talons or TL devs? Any thoughts people?
    Master Bryss and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    Hi, I'm Titans newest recruit. PREPARE TO BE PURGED!!!

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberscape7 View Post
    This is a 2 part post.
    1) Does anyone know if the new Tyrant (whenever it does come out) has plastic wings as part of the kit?

2) Haven't gotten a tyrant yet but I'm planning on kitting it out with wings and then... something. I can't really decide what will be more worthwhile; talons or TL devs? Any thoughts people?
    1. The rumors so far are that the plastic Tyrant will not come with wings. Don't worry though, you can buy Balrog wings from Games Workshop for $10 (click here to see them). Nice huh?

2. Adrenal Glands and 2x Pairs of Scything Talons, or Lash Whip & Bonesword and Heavy Venom Cannon. (These are just my opinions, but they work for me quite well. )

Quote Originally Posted by The Dave View Post
    Cool build! Though, a Monstrous Creature can only fire two weapons per turn....
    Otherwise I like it! How many Tyrant Guard with it, and I'm assuming Lash whips on them?
    Thorax Swarms are fired in addition to the normal allotment of weapons.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomdude View Post
    Oh snap lol. Just read it! Nice.

When I was playing my Dark Eldar I had real problems with the Tyrant with a Lash Whip, but before he assaulted me he used Paroxysm. That was very nasty. I1 WS1 BS1.
    But i found a way to stop this in the next game. Gave my Haemonculus the Crucible of Malediction, he was gone!
    Hive Tyrant with wings is also something else good.
    but when i play i don't realy liek them, and if you want them to be effective they become fairly expensive. I personaly like the Swarmlord, out of all of the Tyranid HQ's.

Just thinking, psychic scream plus the -1LD broodlord ability might be a particularly nasty combo... hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTurkey View Post
    Just thinking, psychic scream plus the -1LD broodlord ability might be a particularly nasty combo... hmmm....
    Afraid not. Psychic Scream is used during your shooting phase. The Broodlord's Aura of Despair is used during your assault phase, AFTER you used Psychic Scream. So they don't work together.

Scout

Tynskel, I think you have it wrong about three guns. Walkers can fire all weapons, but monsterous creatures can only fire two a shooting phase unless I'm mistaken.

And... I should read all the posts before I reply. I'm repeating what others have said.
    Last edited by Cavematt; 03-16-2012 at 08:03 PM. Reason: I repeated others advice

Quote Originally Posted by Cavematt View Post
    Tynskel, I think you have it wrong about three guns. Walkers can fire all weapons, but monsterous creatures can only fire two a shooting phase unless I'm mistaken.

And... I should read all the posts before I reply. I'm repeating what others have said.
    Quote Originally Posted by somerandomdude View Post
    A touch of irony with your humility sir.

DM

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast