ravagers with flickerfields 115

Archon goes with the incbi and lilith goes with the wychs

Well,
    - you have 4 troop choices - Good
    - you have both Ravagers and Raiders with Lances - Good
    - you have Venoms for Anti-Intantry - Good
    - you have a standard Arcon - nothing wrong with him
    - I've not run Lelith yet, but she looks like fun!

You have a good sized unit of Reavers (6). If you want to go Tank-Hunting, maybe split into two squads of 3 so you can chase after 2 targets per turn. Otherwise, I would keep them together as 6 Bloodvane attacks (including Caltrops) is more likely to do the damage you want. Either choice is good depending on how you use the Reavers.

I would caution you on the Wyches and the Incubi. Without Haywire Grenades, they are vulnerable to Walkers (Especially Dreadnoughts). If they get caught up in combat with one, they'll be stuck there until end of game or destroyed. It's a popular tactic with Marines to bait with one unit, then charge into an ongoing combat with a dread to tie them up. I usually try to give my Wyches Haywire as a preventative measure. If forgoing Haywire, I would recommend prioritizing Dreads with your lances.

Good Luck! Let us know how it works for you!

Battle-Brother

Thanks for the info Had a game against craft world eldar and smashed him so good signs so far Marines will be the big challenge. was thinking of swiching it up and taking this or should I just leave It

Archon, agonizer. combat drugs, phantasm, and shadow field 145

Baron 105

(7) incubi In a raider with flickerfield 229

11 Hellions , Helliarch with a agonizer 201

10 wychs, 2 hydra, Heatrix with agonizer in raider with flicker 225

10 wychs, 2 hydra, Heatrix with agonizer in raider with flicker 225

5 warriors with a blaster in a venom with second splinter canon 125

6 reavers with 2 heat lance 156

Last edited by FallingCalamity; 04-28-2011 at 10:51 PM.

I can't offer much advice on the Hellions or Baron (I'm still assembling them!)

However, the numbers look about right - I understand you need numbers for the Hellions to work.

Was there anything in particular that happened in your first game that made you want to change or are you just interested in changing things around a bit? Both are valid reasons. Both lists look viable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BlindGunn View Post
    However, the numbers look about right - I understand you need numbers for the Hellions to work.
    I'm not convinced on this one. I see a lot of people saying this but in reality Hellions can really do a lot of damage in medium-sized squads.

The problem I see most often is people do their mathhammer without factoring in the combat drugs and they make the mistake of trying to build a squad to roll an entire MEQ squad in one round (this is a tremendous mistake with DE).

I'm currently in the process of building a Dark Eldar army and the way that I plan on using Hellions is: 1x Helliarch with Agonizer, 8x Hellions and the Baron - 10 men. The cost of the Hellions is about 150pts baron goes for near 100 (no exact points values). If you average the expected number of MEQ casualties with each drug roll and from shooting prior to assault you will kill 7 MEQ before they even get to swing.

It doesn't make a math whiz to understand that the 3 remaining Marines won't do much damage. 2 PF swings from the sergeant and 4 attacks from the assault marines (I'm assuming assault marines - no one is worried about Tac squads). This boils down to around 1.5 Hellion casualties - meaning you win close-combat by 4-5 (you might even claim another dude to fearless saves if you're lucky).

Granted, Hellions ARE vulnerable to being shot up. This is why I take the Baron with them to grant them a 3+ cover save with stealth and I will often deep-strike them for a little second-wave clean up crew. They can handle MEQ, they bring some nice shooting support to your army and tbh they can even damage tanks with S4 (maybe 5 with a few pain tokens) and the baron at S6. And even in a small, 10-man squad they can do lots and lots of damage.

Don't count Hellions out, people like to build Hellions in huge squads because - like all Dark Eldar - they're fragile. However, given proper screening and deployment these guys are speedy enough to get upfield and do good damage even in a medium-sized squad.

My Math on MEQ casualties (in case anyone is interested):
    No Drugs/Extra Fleet Drug Roll/Feel No Pain Drug Roll:
    Shooting: 2.22
    Assault: 4.43
    Total: 6.65
    -------------------------------------------------
    +1 Weapon Skill:
    Assault: 5.59
    Total: 7.81
    +1 Strength:
    Assault: 5.37
    Total: 7.59
    Re-Roll to Wound:
    Assault: 5.96
    Total: 7.16
    +1 Attack:
    Assault: 5.65
    Total: 7.87
    Average: 7.283
    Last edited by blackarmchair; 04-29-2011 at 12:42 PM.
    See my blog @ http://perilsoftheblog.blogspot.com/

Battle-Brother

great read guys im taking them because im interested in changing things around a bit plus droping Lelith is a lot of points back. so 9 Hellions and the baron is great? should I all ways Deepstrike them? thanks for all the info

You needn't always deep-strike them, it's a judgement call. If you feel that they're going to be shot up too much then deep-strike them after your wyches have tied squads up. Otherwise they can just be deployed.

Battle-Brother

Thank you so much blackarmchair you have given me so much help hears a fixed up list

Archon, agonizer. combat drugs, phantasm, and shadow field 145

Baron 105

(7) incubi In a raider with flickerfield 229

9 Hellions , Helliarch with a agonizer 169

10 wychs, 2 hydra, Heatrix with agonizer in raider with flicker and grisly trophies 225

10 wychs, 2 hydra, Heatrix with agonizer in raider with flicker and grisly trophies 225

5 warriors with a blaster in a venom with second splinter canon 125

6 reavers with a champ 2 heat lances and 1 caltrop 186

I havent played games beyond 500pt(no chash currently) but from my expflickerfield on wych raider isnt good choice, Eather sails/tormentor granade lauchers/grisly tropheis are, why? cuz when you jump flat out with raider to get close as poslible you get 3+ cover so rapid fire from bolters isnt big deal(I survived 40 shoots) and 2d6" aditional move is your friend there. Rest of upgrades are worthless on suicide taxi-mabe shock prow is somthing to reconsider- afther disembarking you can ram somthing & maybe do somthing(oh dont forget about tank shock guys out of cover/objective/ect).

As for reavers, 7 makes you test ld afther 2 of them dies, with 6 only 1 dead force ld test.
    Wych wepons....hmmm...tbh its personal taste...my friend says they not worthy buying cuz its not a PW and they are 10pt each... so hydra or razor-take whatever you like(I preffer razor cuz our girls are only S3) but IMO shardnet is "must have" on squad with lelith to hunt down IC and keeping her safe.
    ....shhh, it's okay, it's just me.... I`m Beast at the back of your head.

Aethersails are awesome on a raider, I've never thought of it that way but Acid is right. The only reason you should take flickerfield is if you intend to sit still and shoot.

Only thing I think Acid has wrong is about the reavers. You take a morale if you suffer 25% casualties 1 out of 6 is not 25% of the squad a 6-man reaver squad needs to suffer 2 casualties before it tests. Even a 5-man squad needs to lose 2.

Wych weapons I do like, it's either Razorflails or Shardnet/Impaler if you ask me but it is a personal taste issue.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast