BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Wait! 3+ cover? Don't you mean 4+?

Isn't the 3+ only for bikes?
    See my blog @ http://perilsoftheblog.blogspot.com/

Personaly instead of flickerfields i would go for Night Shields. This works against Tau, as with your 21"-26" assault range from coming out of the raider you will be assaulting a lot of thier Fire Waarior units, whether thay Rapid Fire or not.
    I usualy go for Razorflails on my Whyches, but as has been said it is personal taste on what to go for.
    With Hellions, if you roll for the +1 strength for combat drugs, you can destroy an enemy vehichle -you are hitting rear armour which is usualy 10- and if you get 2 pain tokens on the charge you can destroy a vehichle with AV 11.
    On my Raiders i like to take Chain-Snares and Enhanced Aethersails rather than Grisly Trophies. My raiders will go alot faster than my Troops on the ground, and will almost always be moving. Sometimes i stay still to fire my Lance, or move up to 6" but if you use Enhanced Aethersails you can be dropping your Chain Snares on a unit over 24" away.
    When i am playing more Horde armies, such as Orks, IG, and Nids, I like to swap my Dark Lance for a Disintegrator Cannon for some more Anti-Infantry. nothing wrong with a S5 AP3 gun that has 3 shots.

May I just say good luck in your games, and your list will do well against many enemy's

Nightshields are something I'm torn on. On paper they seem pretty good, but upon closer inspection they become highly situational.

Yes, against Tau they can be awesome (unless he has railguns); against armies that lack a lot of long-range firepower (IG, Grey Knights, Tyranids, Daemons or Necrons) they do great. But the second you roll up against Space Marines (of any flavor), Eldar, other Dark Eldar, Orks or Witchhunters they quickly become useless. So whether or not you take them depends on your local metagame. I would never take them to a big tournament because "the big three" (SW, BA & IG) are able to handle night shields quite well.

Battle-Brother

hmm nice work guys heres a reworked list feelings? theres no agonizer on the hellirch I dont like that but im unsure where to get the points also only 1 unit upgrade per wych unit should I change them to Razorflails ? This comes to 1747

Archon, agonizer. combat drugs, phantasm, and shadow field 145

Baron 105

6 incubi In a raider with flickerfield 202

9 Hellions and hellirch 154

10 wychs, 1 hydra, Heatrix with agonizer in raider with flicker 210

10 wychs, 1 hydra, Heatrix with agonizer in raider with flicker 210

5 warriors in a venom with second splinter canon 110

5 warriors in a venom with second splinter canon 110

6 reavers with 2 heat lances 156

ravagers with flickerfields 115

Last edited by FallingCalamity; 05-04-2011 at 11:34 PM.

Why would you take a Helliarch if you were going to be putting Sathonyx in the unit?
    One thing to take into consideration is giving the Archon a Blaster as well (it is legal to give him an agoniser and blaster) as well as a Soul-trap. If you kill a HQ or a MC with the Blaster, you are going to S6, which is very beneficial. But i do like taking a Huskblade instead if you would be doing this.

Otherwise it does look like a good list.

If you do decide to keep the helliarch give him a power weapon. That'll add some more punch to the unit.

Battle-Brother

Did some quick changes and droped 1 wych from each squad and put a agonizer on the Helliarch had a game with some craftworld eldar. Turned out great for me all he had left was a night spinner very happy with the out come, still waiting to fight some marines to find out how it will go with meq

Librarian

Nightsihields are really, really good if your standard opponent is using infatnry to deliver short or mid-range anti-tank firepower. In my LGS I flat out owned people for the first few weeks becaues too many lists wouldn't bring long range firepower. Of course, Guard laugh his upgrade off with their artillary. But meltaguns, bolters, hell even storm bolters and heavy 36" range weapons can get royally screwed by this upgrade.

Reducing range by 6" is a rare ability that works just as well off-board screwing with your opponent's mind as it does in-game. So many tactical blunders have been made due to this ability, I really cant speak highly enough of it.

This is one of those abilities that frankly is either going to win you games or do nothing at all, and it's going to come down entirely to how you and your opponent approach the game.

Veteran-Sergeant

Personally I use flickerfields and nightshields on all my vehicles. It makes them a little more expansive, but I have shutdown enough people trying to shoot at me, and when they could shoot at me I have made enough saves to know that these are invaluable.
    A 12 man squad of hellions coming out of a webway portal are disastreous to whatever is anywhere near them when they come out and a 15 man squad with The Baron is even more frigthening, as is a 15 man squad of wyches with a hekatrix with agonisor, and a succubus with agoniser, or Lelith. make sure they have haywire grenades. they can kick so much tail.
    I usually have a mixed list, and am the only one that I have even heard of that really uses a webway portal; I never leave home without one, especially if you have reavers, hellions and wyches in your list. I would recommend some disentegrator cannons on at least one of your ravagers if not two. They are anti mech, and anti infantry. Dark lances aren't that amazing, and the answer isn't get more dark lances. Use your wyches to assualt and haywire grenade a vehicle, or your hellions are str 4 they can glance a vehicle to death, and like I said disentegrator cannons are awesome. I thought they were crap too, until I used them and that ravager was the MVP of that game and made my oppenent really rethink his list and strategy.
    My personnal view on the Dark Eldar codex, is there is so much awesomeness in it, that to limit yourself to just repeating certain untis limits your potential. Last week played a talos for the first time, and I loved it. He kicked so much butt, and like I said I brought him out from reserves and he came out of the webway portal in the middle of the board right next to a tac squad and a dread. He took them both out.
    Mix it up, and think outside the box; don't let someone on the internet rag you into thinking that only certain things will work. You'll never know until you try it.
    Last edited by HarlekissofDeath; 05-10-2011 at 10:18 PM.

Battle-Brother

thanks dude will do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast