BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by thecactusman17 View Post
    Says right there in the codex that you may replace any weapon on a ravager with a Disintegrator cannon.

As for the Draigo+ Paladins idea: REALLY cool thematically, my force would shred it in seconds.

You lose 2.5 paladins per turn. After turn 2, you are realistically looking at only Draigo himself on the field. And the only ranged anti-tank anyone in the army has in that list is the S5 AP- large blast template, which is unlikely to hit anything at only 12" range. Remember, ravagers are AV11 so the storm bolters aren't going to do jack.

Place the ravagers in front of the Venoms to create a LOS-blocking, cover-granting wall and frankly that force is just going to crumble without any ability to actually engage anything in CC and outranged completely.

Even if you deep strike, you have to hope that you roll 6s all over the place (AND that I fail cover and flat-out saves).
    this isn't the place for that...no peter measuring.

Librarian

Um, that was months ago, and it wasn't e-peen measuring. It was discussing a valid tactical flaw in a list that is specified to be competitive from the outset.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by burning crome View Post
    Well if you want to be really nasty with the GK codex then you can get inq coteax and six henchmen squads (min three man alycots squads) in phybacks and have the points left over to get three metla (i think it go 3pts over). That 18 TL st 6 shots at 36 range with coteax adding a little bit of disruption with sanctity. I don't thing any thing can stand up to that at this point leave apart form mass 12AV which only the guards can do and only three max (either vallirarys or chimera wall) of coarse you could put the henchmen in chimera of their own as well by dropping the melta's give you still the 18 st 6 but with 18 st5.
    Well, the psy-backs MIGHT do well with that much on the table, but I'm not sure they would win against too much. The problem is that the melta warriors can't shoot from inside the transport, and against a lot of armies even 18 S6 shots isn't going to do much (though my Dark eldar would certainly be concerned, and with good reason). So as soon as the meltas drop out, you lose the squad.

However, there's no point in arguing that it doesn't have lots of potential. Clearly, this thing has answers to a number of tough lists.

IG:
    Company Command Platoon [135]
    - Carapace
    - 2 Meltaguns
    - Chimera

IG Veterans [165]
    - Carapace
    - Flamer
    - G. Launch
    - Chimera

IG Veterans [165]
    - Carapace
    - Flamer
    - G. Launch
    - Chimera

Scout Sentinel [35]

500 on the nose; i must say i'm a BIG fan of the multilaser, even with it terribad AP, i've killed scores of marines with them in my 1K list (500 list minus the sentinel, add another unit of vets and 2 russes with las and h.bolt sponsons)

Chaos sorcerer, slaanesh, lash

5 chaos marines

20 chaos marines

Have fun dealing with that many dudes in one squad haha
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

Librarian

Doable, and they're not fearless, so frankly it looks quite likely that aside from the Sorcerer, the list isn't really all that fearsome. They have lots of Bolters, sure, but the list above will deliver far more firepower, and at a much longer range too.

I'm really just throwing out ideas to get people thinking about new ways to look at an army at this point level, they aren't necessarily going to be good.

Tau

Dirt cheap ethereal or something

2x5 firewarriors

as many hammerheads as possible (Probably 3, more than likely 2) with the glancing thingy.
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

Quote Originally Posted by thecactusman17 View Post
    Doable, and they're not fearless, so frankly it looks quite likely that aside from the Sorcerer, the list isn't really all that fearsome. They have lots of Bolters, sure, but the list above will deliver far more firepower, and at a much longer range too.
    stick to flexing and grunting loud at the gym...this is for throwing ideas aboot.

Silliness:
    Company Command Squad with a mortar and camo cloaks
    2 penal legion
    2 Devil Dogs with Multi-Meltas

40 - Ordo Xenos Inquisitor (Psychotroke grenades)
    45 - Death Cult Assassins (3)
    110 - Strike Squad (5) (Psycannon)
    110 - Strike Squad (5) (Psycannon)
    50 - Razorback (Psybolt ammo)
    145 - Vindicare Assassin

Total: 500 pts

So the iconic unit would be the vindicate which is unique to the Grey Knights. The wow factor model is of course the inquisitor, as he will be dressed in gold.

My plan to use this army would be simple. Vindicare infiltrates which is used for turbo penning tanks and special characters, taking away any invuls. Razorback for one strike squad for some mobility. Psycannons to take out some high toughness. Inquisitor and DCAs kick arse in cc. Boooya!
    Last edited by MasterCraft; 04-19-2012 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Forgot to add quantities

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast