BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

i wouldn't knock a Vindicare that badly, the 3d6 armor penetration against a LR is brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by jmach View Post
    His shooting is ineffectual and 1 of the 2 zoanthropes, thanks to dreadnaught, casts the s5 ap3 template at my paladins but they make their saves.
    Just a note here, I think the Nid player should have used the lance on the Zoeys. The St. 10 Ap. 1 would intant gib the Paladins and also negate their armor save, and a 5++ isnt too bad to deal with.

The nid player bet the farm on tervigon spam and got slapped down hard. I've found that it is best to ignore objectives when playing with nids in this edition. Just build your lists with the intention of doing as much damage as possible, because even with a bunch of tervigons you will lose a war of attrition.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso2ts View Post
    i wouldn't knock a Vindicare that badly, the 3d6 armor penetration against a LR is brutal.
    If it ever gets the shot. Which it probably won't, which is my point.

Even assuming you are facing an opponent with a LR (SR count to, I guess, as do any other 200+ pt transport), only an idiot would leave it in the open to give you a clear shot. If they can't generate cover for it, then either they or their list isn't good enough to make it a challenging game anyways.

With cover, your odds of doing anything at all are cut by 50%. And even with AP 1, you still need to roll a 3+ on the damage chart to do something that matters. So after the hit, cover and damage results, you only have a 30% chance of immobilizing or destroying the vehicle. And that's assuming you'll penetrate, which is not a guarantee either.

So you get one, and only one shot (assuming a competent opponent), and that one shot only has a 30% chance of doing anything to Vindicare's ideal target? Doesn't sound very good to me.

That's also if you get first turn. If you take second, the Vindicare will likely never get to shoot at all. Your opponent will just kill him before you get a chance to shoot. And if you hide him out of LOS or something, then your opponent will just wait until you move into LOS and then shoot him to death, again before he gets to shoot because he has a heavy weapon.

Now, I'm sure there are very specific cases in which a Vindicare would be a decent choice. But I've never played a competitive game in which I thought "wow, I wish I had a vindicare" and "wow, my opponent can't kill a vindicare in one turn from 36" " at the same time.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Funny, but poor tyranid list....

also, taking Zoanthropes instead of hive guards, is probably not the best idea, especially without pod

Battle-Brother

Yeah, with kill point games, you really have to be careful with tervigons. So a five tervigon list will be a very bad plan in one out of three games using normal mission rolling. Giving up to five free kill points a turn is not something I would recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by khsrio621 View Post
    Yeah, with kill point games, you really have to be careful with tervigons. So a five tervigon list will be a very bad plan in one out of three games using normal mission rolling. Giving up to five free kill points a turn is not something I would recommend.
    That's why sensible player realises that the spawning is voluntary, not manditory each turn. In Kill Points those Tervi's shouldn't be spawning unless there's an awesome counter charge opportunity available.

I completely agree with ComradePenguin. When I play with Nids I try to eliminate the opponent. Nids are not as bad as the internet makes them out to be. Synergy is important with Nids. More finesse and strategy now. Enjoyed the batrep. Thanks for posting. Try taking some pictures next time. Would have loved to see all those gaunts up against the GK.

Scout

The vindicare and calladus are extremely useful models. I would always play both in my GK lists. They both deliver something the other models are missing but like Marbo, must be played carefully.

I think the assassins are situational at best, sometimes they can be golden, most times they are point sinks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast