BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Hybrid View

Thumbs down Tomb Kings Hierotitan

I know that the Hierotitan adds D3 to the casting roll of any spell that Liche Priests cast when close to it. Would these points prevent the fizzle on any natural dice roll of 1 or 2? If so, then some of the low end stuff could be cast on a single die to get more mileage.
    I'm just uncertain since it is a D3 rolled rather than a straight bonus.

Brother-Sergeant

No it would not prevent it, p32 BRB under "Not Enough Power!" The dice roll has to be at least a natural 3, the D3 bonus' only counts towards the total power of the cast.

I would have to see the exact wording of the heirotitan. Reason being is a slann with focus rumination adds a free d6 to each casting roll and it DOES prevent fissle. So if it adds d3 to the casting roll then yes it will prevent fissle. Not enough power states no bonus can prevent this...however if it adds a d3 to the roll it is not a bonus, but becomes part of the dice total just like the extra die from focused rumination.

The two of you have exactly stated the two sides as I see it.

Veteran-Sergeant

What are Hierotitans? O_o

I haven't had a chance to have a gander at the Tomb Kings army book, and there was no mention of them in the new White Dwarf (although a couple of the artwork pieces may have depicted Hierotitans).

First-Captain

Ahh if it says d3 to casting roll then no wont stop if it says a free d3 the yes it would since it could take the natural roll above 3
    For the Greater good.