BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Thank you for going off topic here by miles, and changing the message from one of good luck, to your biased ranting. The fact that your IP address will not be logged, and men in black won't lift you for what some would view as seditious treasonous and (most importantly) down right impolite burblings, followed by 're-eductation' in a suitably nasty establishment, just goes to show what a good democratic society Britain is today.

You conveniently portray this suppopsedly broken society to our friends from other countries, you neglect to mention the 1 million people in London just for today's event - this wasn't faked to make the Royal Family look popular funnily enough. Only 1 in 5 people want a republic in the UK - I can't think of any other political movement with 80% popularity.

Quite frankly, if you believe in equality, you should recognise that one newly joined couple, be it marriage, civil partnership, some mad jedi ceremony or any creed or religious version of this commitment, is as deserving of a message of good luck as any couple, irrespective of social strata.

Your hijacking indicates a narrow mind and I hope the 'Great White North', of which HM the Queen will still be head of state (by clear democratic mandate) is better suited to you - preferably in a career which would suit your intellectual levels, namely providing bears with an alternative diet to moose.
    calm down Denzark its just a commercial
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by JxKxR View Post
    You can always change.
    Agreed. I used to be an anarchist. After graduating from high school I worked for non-profits dedicated to "fighting for the little man" (like Acorn but not exactly that). Eventually, because I needed money, I ended up working for Health and Human Services, Division of Public Assistance (i.e. I worked in a welfare office). My thought was I could game the system from the inside and get paid for doing it. It was here that I learned that the "little man" was just as much a corrupt piece of @#$% as any Washington fat-cat. Like a lot of folks, I had thought disparity in society was due to the down-trodden not being allowed to rise. Turns out, the down-trodden simply do not and will not work to better their situation, even when given every opportunity to do so. That's when I went back to school, got my engineering degree, and embraced Machiavellian Conservatism. If corruption is a constant, then I'd rather have it limited to a select identifiable few, rather than have it run rampant throughout society.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Librarian

Denzark my love, give it up. Deflection didn't work and neither will ad hominen attacks. Say what you will of my intellectual level, you've already demonstrated yours.

Ad hominen means 'against the person' by the way. I thought I'd save you the effort of Googling it since I'm guessing your conversational latin isn't up to much.

------------------------------

I used to think that the U.K was a pretty decent place too Morgan. Then I started going abroad. It simply doesn't compare to most places. The only country I've been to that I prefer the U.K to is Poland. Nothing against the Polish, just too rightwing and too Catholic for me.
    Touched by His Noodly Appendage

Shas'o

Quote Originally Posted by Necron2.0 View Post
    Agreed. I used to be an anarchist. After graduating from high school I worked for non-profits dedicated to "fighting for the little man" (like Acorn but not exactly that). Eventually, because I needed money, I ended up working for Health and Human Services, Division of Public Assistance (i.e. I worked in a welfare office). My thought was I could game the system from the inside and get paid for doing it. It was here that I learned that the "little man" was just as much a corrupt piece of @#$% as any Washington fat-cat. Like a lot of folks, I had thought disparity in society was due to the down-trodden not being allowed to rise. Turns out, the down-trodden simply do not and will not work to better their situation, even when given every opportunity to do so. That's when I went back to school, got my engineering degree, and embraced Machiavellian Conservatism. If corruption is a constant, then I'd rather have it limited to a select identifiable few, rather than have it run rampant throughout society.
    Amen brother.
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

Chapter-Master

Actually you're quite right, I can only converse in live languages - French, German, enough to find the toilet or buy vodka in Russian, and I can say hello, how are you, thanks be to God, dwarf, bear and prostitute in Iraqi arabic.

I hope you are not setting yourself up as intelligentsia of some sort hive mind. When I don't know a word, I look it up. My definitions of choice, dictionary.com followed by Wikipedia, say that ad hominem means literally 'to the man'. It also says that it is not always a fallacious argument. So your pig latin misunderstanding does not actually make you look like Einstein in this case.

@ Morgan - how right you are.

@ Necron 2.0 - very honest - if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Let's keep this civil chaps... Or I'll lock this thread tighter than the queens.... Kung Fu grip...
    "It's rusty 'cause it's dirty." - Goatboy

Librarian

Because latin is always used literally in contemporary times. What a scholar you are. I am indeed not setting myself up as 'intelligentsia' as I would no doubt come unstuck against your six generations of bottom ten-percent military fodder breeding. Unless of course you come from officer stock and are then descended from chinless cowards rather than idiots.

I myself am a product of lowly miners. I could tell you that I'm about to finish my law degree (my second degree) and am a MENSA member but that would be intolerable dick-waving and besides, who believes what someone on the internet says? Not someone of your stature, for sure.

Shas'o

You could go ahead and close it now.
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

Chapter-Master

In wars to preserve your right to write-off the military other ranks as 'idiots' and the officers as 'chinless cowards', my Great Grandad (of the idiot class) got one of these:

[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_Medal"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_Medal[/URL]

My Grandad (chinless coward class) got one of these:

[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distinguished_Service_Cross_(United_Kingdom)"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distinguished_Service_Cross_(United_Kingdom)[/URL]

But then who believes these people on the internet eh?

Of course your lowly miners ancestors would have been preserved occupations nice and safe in their little holes. No medals, unless in the 1980s they won the Scargill Stand around burning dustbins Award for having their head stufed in by one of Magaret Thatchers riot police.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Librarian

Just like a Brit, living on past 'glories'.

Shouldn't you be off somewhere shooting unarmed brown people?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast