BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    First-Captain

Default Iron Hands get a Novella

Just saw on the black library website that Nick Kyme, writer of the salamander series and recently sold out Promethean Sun Novella, is writing a Ferrus Manus Novella next."Not least of which is my Ferrus Manus novella (title tbc right now)"
    There will be two more Novellas, each focusing on a Primarch. I'm lovin it

Here is the blurb.
    "Set during the latter years of the Great Crusade, it’s not utterly essential to the ongoing continuity but does set up characters and scenarios I intend to play out in later works. Not least of which is my Ferrus Manus novella (title tbc right now) for The Primarchs. Not heard about this collection yet? Shame on you – call yourself a fan . It’s an anthology of four novellas, each of which feature a primarch and are set during various points of the Horus Heresy era (including Great Crusade).

For some reason, I keep getting the guys who were slaughtered at Isstvan V but hey-ho. Ferrus Manus (and Mortarion, as it happens) both make appearances in Promethean Sun. The Gorgon is most prominent and my Primarchs novella is set during the same combat action and shows what Ferrus got up as Vulkan and co were slogging it through the jungle beating seven shades of shinola out of eldar Exodites riding dinosaurs.
    "

I am very much looking forward to this. More Iron Hands please Games Workshop
    Last edited by energongoodie; 04-24-2011 at 02:08 AM.

I really like Novellas in general, and prefer them over full novels. I will have to check this out.

First-Captain

I am very interested to see how this will be presented. The Salamanders book is in some fake dragon skin stuff. A cyber style book would be cool.

Now if only they'd get a special character...or ANY kind of nod from GW rules-wise

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by LoreDraconis View Post
    Now if only they'd get a special character...or ANY kind of nod from GW rules-wise
    I couldn't agree more. I think we'll get something sometime. We might have to settle for Forge World but I'm fine with that. I really think the model possibilities for cybernetic space marines is fantastic.

Librarian

Is it this the Iron Hands novel by Jonathan Green or a different one.

My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by david5th View Post
    Is it this the Iron Hands novel by Jonathan Green or a different one.
    Not at all.
    That is an older Iron Hands story that is sadly not great. It was published in 2004.
    I am referring to a new story. The new story is concerned with the Iron Hands and Ferrus Manus during a specific mission during the time of the Horus Heresy. It will be written by Nick Kyme, not Jonathon Green.
    Last edited by energongoodie; 04-30-2011 at 12:37 PM.