BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sculpt plog

Chaplain

Default Sculpt plog (chaos sister of battle sculpt nearly finished)

Warseer is still down so I figured I'd take a trip over here.

Just finished sculpting a Howling Banshee exarch at the moment, I have completed a sister of battle sculpt too, not long back, I'll post photos if anyone wants to see her.

But for this one at the moment, I'm hoping/thinking of entering her in the GD this coming year in the UK, at the moment still pondering if I should change anything.

On top of that I'm also looking at sculpting a corrupt sister of battle (only got the head done so far, i can post pics though).

Other than that I'm doing a few sculpts for troll forged miniatures, including my first large monster.
    Last edited by Build; 06-24-2011 at 02:38 AM.

Chapter-Master

WOW very nice and welcome to the BOLS lounge!

the sculpt is fantastic and dynamic yet the features are very feminine! the only problems i can see are the odd lump on the back and the fact that arfter a few layers of paint the hair may lose its texture.

I cant wait to see this at the GD

-fuzzbuket

p.s. is that sculpt 54mm or 32mm?
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbuket View Post
    WOW very nice and welcome to the BOLS lounge!

the sculpt is fantastic and dynamic yet the features are very feminine! the only problems i can see are the odd lump on the back and the fact that arfter a few layers of paint the hair may lose its texture.

I cant wait to see this at the GD

-fuzzbuket

p.s. is that sculpt 54mm or 32mm?

Standard size (I think that's 32mm) she's in scale with the current banshee exarch.

Where are the lumps? I can easily remove those with scraping from a scalpel.

Chapter-Master

that one on the back? i know scorpians and dire avengers have pairs of little triangles but that looks unfinished?

oh and the corrupted sister sounds interesting!

-fuzz
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Hurrah, glad you made a plog here at last.

Do show the corrupted SoB/Miriael head when you get a chance, ditto everything else.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Hurrah, glad you made a plog here at last.

Do show the corrupted SoB/Miriael head when you get a chance, ditto everything else.

Thank you for the welcome

I'll get to work on getting a photo of her, though her hair is about half complete, I need to add the armour before I can finish it.

If it helps I'm working with a great illustrator called Nic, he helped me with the first sister of battle too here's a link to an example of his.

[url]http://aerion-the-faithful.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/&offset=72#/d2ifz4w[/url]

Chaplain

Nice work! That is a great dynamic pose, very feminine, but still aggressive. She really looks light on her feet. You have a load of talent. Thanks for posting it!

Brother-Captain

I don't play Eldar. However ...

<*Ahem*>

... FLIPPIN' AWESOME!!!

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Chaplain

Well the current project at the moment (castable for troll forged) is the therapod like dino and mount.

At the moment I have the basic work done on the head and I'm looking for a little input, do I add scales and spikes or leave it fairly plain?

I've also included the photo of the head of the rider for the dino.

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v697/N-large/?action=view&current=AUT_1597.jpg][/URL]

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v697/N-large/?action=view&current=AUT_1599.jpg][/URL]

Other than that I have included the photo for the basic head of the corrupt sister of battle, the hair is only basic down the sides and the back as I need to build up the torso first so I don't land myself in an awkward situation.

Spectacular as usual, wish I had a Lizardmen army. Can't say I have an opinion regarding the scales, it does perhaps look a little plain at present but with scales it might look too busy.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast