BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sculpt plog

Chaplain

Sorry about the quietness, my social life seems to have sky rocketed recently and I've had very little time to sculpt. (not that I am complaining mind you, last night was awesome! )

So what I've been doing is I got a new zombie dragon, I noticed a lot of people don't like the fact it has no front arms, so I'll be stringing together a guide here and on warseer as to how you can convert one. I'll also be adapting some of the musculature as the current muscles do not match or line up properly with the skeletal structure.

I will be posting images for known dinosaur photos to show and explain to you why this is and how you can correct it should you wish to.

I also have been test driving my new butane powered soldering iron (burning things with it is highly addictive) unfortunately I had a little accident with the gigantosaurus sculpt.

As you can see I scorched the outside.

It is however hard and not crumbly so should cast fine with no warping or breaks in the mold. I'll also be resculpting the teeth as the original method I used failed rather badly.

Librarian

Wow, really stunning work, truly.

It makes me horrendously sad that Miriel won't be seeing production. I want one. Badly.

Perhaps with a few alterations, you could still make an 'Evil Steampunk Sorceress' and release a kit.

Veteran-Sergeant

Stunning work my friend.

A fully custom sisters army would just be mind blowing... DO IT

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by vman View Post
    Stunning work my friend.

A fully custom sisters army would just be mind blowing... DO IT
    But, but, but that would take me years! D: and I couldn't cast any of it.

Initiate

Truly amazing work! Bravo and keep it up!

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Build View Post
    But, but, but that would take me years! D: and I couldn't cast any of it.
    You could cast all of it if you wanted to. You just couldn't sell any of it or give any of it away is all.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Chapter-Master

wait thats the same size as GW's carnossaur. but with 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00x better detail!

wow cant wait to see more

-fuzz
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Chaplain

Well I'm back from the GD and (my social life permitting) am ready to get cracking back into the sculpting gig.

I had a very good chat with Jes and Edgar from forgeworld in particular, so what I'll be doing is looking at some older sculpts (howling banshee exarch and Miriael) and making some changes, I've outlined what will be done below.

Howling Banshee
    Crit from Jes: Rework the hair, needs a bit more body, more flow and deeper cuts, apparently anime is a very good source to look at for sculpting hair. I have also been advised to widen the lower part of the chest plate around the ribs (ribs not boobs) this will help draw more of a line to a feminine shape.

Miriael
    Crit : Re-work the folds in the robes, parts are not long enough and others do not flow, twist or move as much as they would in real life, also sculpt a step for her so the sword matches up with her hands. Back pack needs more depth so the side profile has more shape to it.

After this I will be tackling the Carnosaur again, Edgar was incredibly helpful with his advice on teeth and I will also be having a go at making my own tools after some recommendations he made.

I am even going to be going back to sculpting Kroak based off Mark G's artwork, if I ignore it for another year and go back to Gamesday, Jes may well throw things at me.

Scout

Great work, how long have you been sculpting? I also am self taught and unfortunately don't practice nearly enough.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by dwsculpts View Post
    Great work, how long have you been sculpting? I also am self taught and unfortunately don't practice nearly enough.
    About three years on and off for scratch builds, also self taught.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast