BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default White Scars 2000pts list

My 1st White Scars list, could do with a little feedback if your peeps don't mind,

thanks in advance

HQ:
    captain, bike, storm shield, relic blade - 180
    command squad, bikes, company standard, 4 power weapons, 4 storm shields - 340

Troop:
    bike squad, +2 bikes, power weapon, plasma gun - 170

Fast attack:
    3 Land speeders, assault cannons - 270
    3 Land speeders, assault cannons - 270
    3 attack bikes, multi meltas - 150

Heavy support:
    predator - 60
    predator - 60
    predator, lascannon turret - 105

I think that instead of a PW you should have a PF in the biker squad and command squads, and try to beef those biker squads up.

The reason I say PF instead of a PW, is that things like dreads, armored sentinals, and c'tan can and will tie up those squads for entire game. I suffered this problem almost every game when I started playing a few years ago, with my 15-18 man crusader squads (note this less of an issue for you as you combat tactics and krak grenades base).

Five man squads, I don't care what they are, are too easy to kill if you roll unlucky or get hit by massed firepower, or heavy weapons.

I think attack bikes should be in the bike squad, due to being a small squad they suffer a similar problem.

The plasma gun, it might be ok, but you also have a try 1/18 chance of killing yourself, its not great by stretch of the imagination but one time it does it might hurt alot.

The command squad and preds should be dropped I feel and used to make your bike squads larger/add more to them. The command squad while nice with a 3++ and feel no pain, is a point sink and I think you want it too be a dedicated counter assault unit? Your better off using combat tactics instead (being marines you auto rally and rally 9').

The land speeders should be made to be 3 2 man squads so you can shoot three different targets (making them cyclones might also be better so you can have them in the back away from the front).

I hope this helps
    p.s pardon any fail grammer/spelling on my part

Ok so over looking I love speeder tactics but its not stable. This is why. You have them in a squad all it takess is mulitipule shots in one phase or a pf - th 5 hit minimum say 3 on the damage chart and you allocate 3 imoblized hit 1 per speeder that squad is gone. Your preds arnt a threat. You lack the low ap.
    My scars are 2k ill show my list and explain

Bike comander-relic-artificerarmour-hellfire-bike-190pts
    Chapter master-pw-artificerarmour-dw-hellfire-bike -210
    Comand squad- cc-bike-ppistol-flamer-melta-LCx2-280

#1 Bike squad-melta x2-pw-multimelta attackbike -175
    #2 Bike squad melta x2- p.pistol-AB-MM - 5 bikers-300
    #3 Bike squad -melta x2- p.pistol-AB-MM- 5 bikers- 300

Attack bike - x2 - multimelta x2 -100
    Attacl bike- x 2 - multimelta x2 -100

Vindacator- 115
    Vindacator-115
    Vindacator- 115

( 2000 )pts

Now you can slip in a LC on the bike comander for the relic and then add the company standard
    To the comand squad. The command squad should attach to bike #1 for a nasty army
    Bike commander should have attached #2 or 3 same for the chapter master . Use tj bombardments
    And lay waist with the vindicators. As for the attack bike squads pop tanks thats why their there.

Brother-Sergeant

This is the White Scars list that I've been messing around with in my head lately. It's rather different than yours because I'm not a fan of speeders, but it has very impressive shooting with bikes at the core.

Captain w/ Bike, Artificer armor, Storm Shield, Relic Blade
    Command Squad w/ 3x Melta 2x Flamer (Yes one guy has two guns)
    Razorback w/ Heavy Bolter

Sternguard x5 w 2x Combi-flamer, 3x Combi-melta
    Razorback w/ Heavy Bolter

Dreadnaught w/ 2x Twin-Linked Autocannon

Dreadnaught w/ 2x Twin-Linked Autocannon

4x
    4x Bikes w/ Melta Attack Bike, 2x melta

4 Bikes w/ Melta Attack Bike, 2x Flamer, Combi-flamer

Predator Destructor w/ Heavy Bolter Sponsons

2000 Points

The Captain is more tooled out than I like, but I had 30 points left over at the end thought it would be fun. It would probably be better to buy three combi-weapons on the bikes.

General Strategy is predators screen everything else; serving as a cheap AV13 wall that can consistently put wounds on almost everything. The Dreads Guard the flanks and tie up any close combat units that don't have powerfists if they can. The Razorbacks are extra screeners plus deliver meltas and flamers, while expensive their squads are your suicide troops because they don't score. The Bikes try to keep themselves safe. Most of the time everyone but the Mult-melta attack bike should be behind a vehicle screen. The captain is a roving tarpit against things without powerfists, or can finish off weakened or small units.

The list has excellent ranged shooting with 3 Autocannons, 4 twin-linked Autocannons, 6 heavy bolters, 2 Twin-linked heavy bolters, 5 mult-meltas, and 25 Relentless twin-linked bolters. When things get close there is a lot of melta, 11 meltas and 3 combi-meltas, plus 4 flamers and 3 combi-flamers.

Keeping enough bike squads around to claim objectives at the end is important, and probably the most vulnerable part of the list. They have 6 T5 wounds, which makes them mildly resilient especially against small arms, and their speed means they can hang back until the final turn(s). But any kind of heavy fire, especially plasma, and most ordnance can wipe out a squad in a flash.