BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Is this even a legal formation?

Ok in getting ready for an Apocolyspe game. So here we go besides being a points sink...
    Storm raven
    Dante
    Marneus Calgar (AoA)
    Corbulo
    Gabriel Seth
    Logan grimnar
    Pedro kantor
    Vulkan hestaan
    Eziekel
    K'sorro khan

That takes all 12 seats and Dante will have to move 6" like the rest of the squad but heck if your gonna use a hammer I guess use a sledge...

lol thats one model i want to see fail a dangerous terrain test after moving flat out....

I don't play apoc, but my best guess would be "no".

My understanding is that while you can take allies, allies cannot take other allies' transports.

Heaven forbid Dark Eldar and Chaos share a side. Don't you think a fully equipped Chaos Marine would crash through the floor of a Dark Eldar Raider!?!?) :O
    Last edited by BlindGunn; 03-17-2011 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Add a note...

would probably depend on what your opponent agrees to. in our team games, we allow partners to ride in each others vehicles (had a bunch of genestealers hop into a storm raven last time) but they have to start on the table and embark, they cant start in the vehicle before the game starts.

It seems rather silly, but I do remember one instance that I believe is in the front of the Apoc book. If I remember correctly it was a blurb by Jervis Johnson saying how neat it would be (and suprising) to have Attilan Rough Riders storm out of a Thunderhawk. So it may indeed be legal.

Personally, Apoc is like any other game, I look for a player, or group of them, that have some semblance of theme in their gaming. If that above player had detachments for all of those various chapters, then yes, it could be a really neat mission specific formation. But to just throw all of those characters together without any semblance to reason is silly.

I know its just a game, but a dose of realism is what attracts many players. So make that guy get a detachment of each force. In my experience if you let theme go the wayside, esp in Apoc, you end up going against players who focus on winning by doing things like Genestealers in Raiders- you see it on the table and start muttering curses (hopefully under your breath lol)
    For the Empire-----CHARGE!!!!!!!!!

Chaplain

Top of page 198 Apoc book. Your good to go to transport your allies.

ruff riders out of thunderhawks,...3 carnifex out of a ork stompa....etc etc.

it says this may lead to bizarre situations.
    "I have seen what you will see. I have fought what you must fight, and I have slain what you must slay...." Commander Dante

Brother-Sergeant

Yea a storyline may be needed here but I actually got the idea from a box set GW had years ago called Heros of the Imperium it had all the space marine big guns in it and I drooled over it unfortunately I never laid my hands on it.

Heroes of the Imperium...I still have my box shrink wrapped! Can't bring myself to open it.....

Brother-Captain

HELL YES! THat's what Apoc is all about. There was even an article a ways back that stated that they almost included the rule that you HAD TO HAVE special characters, but decided last minute to remove it. An all SC unit is amazingly fun, if not just out right crazy.

Since this is Apoc, heck yes!
    Just make sure your opponent(s) are cool with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast